Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
141 - 154 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
whats the small hose thats connected on the back of the manifold chamber? I accidentally broke mine while doing this swap now its a tad bit shorter, does the length matter? its still connects from point A to B though.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
whats the small hose thats connected on the back of the manifold chamber? I accidentally broke mine while doing this swap now its a tad bit shorter, does the length matter? its still connects from point A to B though.
Without seeing it just going off memory I believe that's a vacuum line for your brakes. If everything is still connected it should be fine. But if it's super stretched you might want to get a new one just in case.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Without seeing it just going off memory I believe that's a vacuum line for your brakes. If everything is still connected it should be fine. But if it's super stretched you might want to get a new one just in case.
Thanks for the quick reply! I do have photos if you dont mind checking them out. it connects directly to the back of the intake manifold chamber

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive exterior

White Motor vehicle Automotive design Hood Auto part

Thanks for the quick reply! it connects directly to the back of the plastic intake manifold chamber.. just curious because my install was a fail. :-(

·
Registered
41 Posts
Pretty sure that's a brake vacuum line. If you follow it to the other end you'll see for sure. How did you "break" it and how was the intake chamber swap a "fail"?
It pretty much tore as I was trying to remove it so I ended up just cutting it short. as for the chamber once I had it on when I started the car it started sputtering while in idle mode not to sure what went wrong double checked all the flange bolts and started it up again and still had the same problem.

·
Don't abuse the report button
2,230 Posts
as for the chamber once I had it on when I started the car it started sputtering while in idle mode not to sure what went wrong double checked all the flange bolts and started it up again and still had the same problem.
Did it act like that after you reconnected that vacuum line? the line might have a kink in it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Did it act like that after you reconnected that vacuum line? the line might have a kink in it.
not sure because I put everything back the way it was on the old one. the only thing that changed was that vacuum line it got shorter. but the RB1 intake chamber could also be the culprit because its second hand, I really cant see any cracks in it though.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
not sure because I put everything back the way it was on the old one. the only thing that changed was that vacuum line it got shorter. but the RB1 intake chamber could also be the culprit because its second hand, I really cant see any cracks in it though.
Check for a plugged port (in particular where that little vacuum line goes) on the GE8 chamber, bugs like to crawl up in there and well, die and turn into stuff that plugs up things.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Check for a plugged port (in particular where that little vacuum line goes) on the GE8 chamber, bugs like to crawl up in there and well, die and turn into stuff that plugs up things.
Right on! thanks for all the help, I have an air compressor I can blast thru it see if that clears up the problem. I’ll keep you posted, thanks again!

141 - 154 of 154 Posts