Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi , i have adapted a r18 08 civic throttle body that has a butterfly plate of 55mm

the bolt pattern is the same but you will need to make a adapter plate to port match the 2 , as the crz/ fit intake manifold opening is more of an egg shape and the civic opening is circle

the parts i used to make it work:
- r18 throttle body ,( heated the body with a butane torch to turn the coolant fittings with a deep crescent wrench to work with my original coolant lines

-r18 manifold (i cut the throttle body mounting face with a hacksaw and faced it down to the steel bolt inserts on a lathe )

-a 7/16" aluminum plate to adapt my manifold to the civic manifold adapter that i previously mentioned , i drilled out an undersized hole in the aluminum plate , then bolted the aluminum plate to my manifold and used a hook pick to scribe the egg shape on one side , then bolted it to the civic manifold adapter to scribe the circle the same way , then i carefully used an air die grinder with an aluminum burr bit to grind the aluminum to mate the two sides together , then i polished it up with a 120 flap wheel on the die grinder, i siliconed the aluminum plate to the civic adapter plate and the factory seals sealed from the manifold to the adapter , and from the adapter to the throttle body

cost :
-r18 throttle body $20
- r18 manifold $25
-aluminum plate $10
- metric extended bolts ( shop supplies)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
throttle response increased ,as far as gains it seemed to gain across the rev range but more on the mid and top end ,

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a ge8 manifold and r18 TB. Manifold was a direct bolt on. Throttle body requires a custom plate/spacer due to the IAC design and slight variations in inlet shape. I'm designing a 1 piece bolt on adapter that functions the same as the OPs original design . I will come back with updates. If there is any interest I can look into making more.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts