Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
61 - 80 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Neat! Economy VTEC to performance VTEC with a simple bolt on.

Going to check for P2V clearance on that new bump stick?
I'll look into it, I'm not even sure how to check clearance with a VTEC camshaft. I'm guessing it's fine I've seen other builds using this cam in a stock motor. This is Cat Cams' street cam too so it's less aggressive than their race cam.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Weighed my car today and it was 2620lbs with about 1/2 tank of fuel. It's a certified scale accurate to 10 lbs so that means the actual weight is between 2620.0 and 2629.99. Not bad. Not super light either. I'm hoping to get some super light wheels in the spring. Are there any easy weight reduction things to do on these cars? I still had my spare tire and tools onboard for this weight.

·
Premium Member
6,279 Posts
Weighed my car today and it was 2620lbs with about 1/2 tank of fuel. It's a certified scale accurate to 10 lbs so that means the actual weight is between 2620.0 and 2629.99. Not bad. Not super light either. I'm hoping to get some super light wheels in the spring. Are there any easy weight reduction things to do on these cars? I still had my spare tire and tools onboard for this weight.
I'm still rockin' the OEM 16" wheels because they're lighter than most of the aftermarket bling wheels. :) Of course, if you want lighter(est) wheels, don't go up a size to 17", but see if they make the same style in 16" .... :)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Yeah I'm eyeing either RPF1s in 16x8 which are about 13lbs or Konig Hypergram 16x7.5 which are 14lbs each.
Here’s a example photo when I had 16x8 RPF1. On stock suspension. I only go for RPF1 as my daily/beater wheels only because it’s easy to order a new rim & a lot of wheel shops online carry it on deck if a major curb rash, cracked spoke or cracked barrel, bent if it ever happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Got my Supercircuit header back from ceramic coating. OoooOOooooh so sexy. Hopefully will get this installed along with the cam and hit the dyno this month! Also have a Supercircuit mid-pipe to install.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 · (Edited)
I had some time today to dial in my tune with the GE8 cam and the gains keep coming. We are in the 17s now boys! :ROFLMAO: I only did two runs, both were faster than my previous best. Here is my best run from today compared to previous best, the only difference is the cam and fuel tables.

New PB 0-60 10.78 sec, 1/4 mile: 17.96 sec at 74.4 MPH
Prev best: 0-60 11.04 sec, 1/4 mile: 18.10 sec at 73.5 MPH

The numbers prove the GE8 cam makes more power but that's not the whole story. It feels so much better down low when you are just cruising around.

This is the last timed run I will do until I install nmy Cat Cams camshaft and downpipe. Maybe then I'll go as fast as one of these goes at sea level 😂

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
Was a big day today!

Got my cam and exhaust installed and got to use my MCM fender guards for the first time!

Got the valve adjuster nuts replaced with titanium ones. Hell yeah racecar! They are 2g lighter on my cheap scale that doesn't measure tenths. 2g x 16 = 32g of reciprocating valvetrain. Not nothing.

Used these nuts: https://amzn.to/3FytZqH

And of course the beautiful downpipe:

It is much louder! Sounds really smooth though. I will have to take some videos.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
Anyone that does this cam swap make sure to swap the timing lobe! I forgot to and had a camshaft sensor error. Had to do the whole job over again haha but now it's running great! Took it out today around town. The noise is awesome but way louder than I expected so I may add another muffler. I'll see. My dyno appointment is Tuesday so I am going to just make a few tuning changes to make it safe for the drive and then drop it off! So far it definitely has got more power and torque from the cam but it immediately goes lean. In closed loop it's running with +15-20% added fuel trims so that's a good sign. I have absolutely no clue what power numbers to expect.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
Oh yeah there will be dyno sheets. I'm going to ask him to please try to a dyno run with full assist and one with no assist after it's fully tuned and then once I start messing with the IMA I'll have a good baseline.

Today I changed the oil. I used some Rotella Gas Truck 0w-20. Use the 5w-30 in my truck and Blackstone always gives me props for having a great sample and I've heard of people using Gas Truck oil in their sports cars so I'm going to give it a try.

Dyno appointment tomorrow morning at 9am. Can't wait!

Rotella Gas Truck 0W-20: Amazon.com

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
It's on the dyno now. Any guesses to the power it will make? Will be measured at the wheels, SAE corrected.

Mods are:
GE8 manifold
GE8 rocker assembly w/titanium nuts
Cat Cams camshaft #2503201
E70 fuel
Supercircuit downpipe and midpipe
AEM catback exhaust

My guess is 125whp

61 - 80 of 107 Posts