Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

Passenger Door-Lock Not Working Half The Time

9K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  Defiant 
#1 ·
Hey all. So I searched around the board and couldn't find a related post.

For the last few months I've noticed that when I lock or unlock my doors with the remote, the passenger side doesn't work half the time and therefore the hatch lock doesn't either. I have to manually lock or unlock the door in order for it to work again and sync up with the driver-side door.

Anyone else come across this?

#2 ·
Out of curiosity is this happening with both keys or just one? I was having an issue with only one of my keys not properly unlocking / locking my car. After dealing with it for about 2 weeks I decided to check the battery in the problematic key versus the working one and found the problem child was the battery. After replacing the battery I haven't had any further issues out of the key.

#3 ·
doors not opening as expected using remote

It is programmable where one press unlocks just the driver's door and two presses unlocks both driver's side door and passenger's door ( + hatch). if you have it this way and do not know you may think it is intermittent. This is adjusted through your MID if you want all to open on one press.

As for batteries in the remote that should not affect this( unless it is very weak) but always replace both on your birthday each year even if you are only using one. It is just a good way to remember.

#5 ·
I'm having a similar issue on my 2011 EX non-Nav, so I'm going to resurrect this thread instead of making a new one.

Observed Conditions:
  • Pass. door does not unlock with multiple pushes of unlock button on remote
  • Hatch unlocks on second press of unlock button
  • Pass. door does not lock with first press of lock button on remote.
  • Pass. door does not lock/unlock with vehicle speed/engine shutoff as programmed from the infocenter.
  • Alarm does not chirp horn unless pass. door is manually locked.

My conclusion: Failed Pass. door lock actuator.

Does this jive with everyone else?

#11 ·
It's been a record breaking August, as far as heat goes. My car still does this on hot days (80*F +) for the door handle that's in direct sunlight. I'm just super gentle when I try to open the door - usually it opens on the second or third try of gentle pulling of the handle.

#12 ·
My '16 EX non-Navi is also having a passenger door issue. Often the push-button on that door won't unlock the door, neither will the fob. I have to use the rocker inside the drivers side door to unlock it. Other times it works fine. I'm sure when I take it to the stealership, it'll be working.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.