Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
'11 CBP EX 6MT
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried searching and went through 10 pages of results and couldn't find anything.

I'm potentially doing a complete ZF2 interior swap into my ZF1. This would include replacing the entire dashboard with the all black ZF2 dash.

I can't find any DIY's or information pertaining to removing the ENTIRE dash. I've found of plenty of threads for removing certain portions of the dash, but not the whole thing.

This information might not be readily available, but I'm looking everywhere to make sure the swap is done right the first time.

If anyone has any personal experience with this, or know of any resources please let me know.

Thanks!

·
Registered
'11 CBP EX 6MT
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Reactions: Spdbump

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
The entire dash? Your boldness and courage is inspirational. If you take pictures along the way I'm sure many will appriciate.

I haven't done it on the CR-Z but my advice is to take it slow when putting the new one in with regards to plugging in all the electrical connectors, verify twice so you only have to install once. 😀

·
Registered
27 Posts
I heard this might possibly cause a biiiiiig headache.. I don't think it's easy at all to remove the dash in these cars. But like said above, it would be amazing if you could make pictures and document it along the way.

I might want to do a black interior swap in a few years as well :)

Reactions: Spdbump

·
Registered
'11 CBP EX 6MT
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wanted to post an update for anyone following.

Did a little more homework on the differences between the ZF1/ZF2 dashboards. Main thing I'm glad I found is the fact that all CRZ's share the exact same upper dash assembly, part number 77190-SZT-G02ZA

So that eliminates the need to replace a large portion of the dashboard. Meaning that in order to do the swap, you just need the lower dash panels, glovebox, center console, seats, door panels and carpet.

Hoping to go through the actual swap in the next couple weeks.

Reactions: litz
1 - 6 of 6 Posts