Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all, new member here.
I am 54 years old man, and last week I got me black CR-Z.
I am coming from 5.7 L Hemi engine, and I expected from this "Hybrid" to give me some kind of retarded ride.
Boy, was I up for a surprise !
Having this car since Friday, I can clearly say that this car made me 30 years younger.
I was surprised that I could fit in this small car. I am 6ft 6, and I do fit in it (barely).
My only problem so far is that I can't stop riding this little thing in SPORT mode.
As soon I turn the car on, my hand is looking for the SPORT mode.
Am I the only nuts here who purchased the hybrid and is now driving it in the mode with the highest fuel consumption ?
I can't help it. Just love the way this thing goes and love the sound in the sport mode.
I am looking forward to be with you guys on this forum.

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
Welcome. There are many, many of us more elderly/wiser folks who own CR-Zs than one would think.

There is a Geriatrics thread here to check into.. :thumbsup:

Sport mode is good. I use it 90% of the time and getting ready to get my 100% green score (the big tree) around 4K miles.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Glad to c ur having loads of fun! Hope to c u around the forums! Plan on any mods to it? :beer:
Yes I do. But first I want to make sure I break-in this sweet little engine per my liking (which I always do with new cars - drive it as I stole it).
Than I am contemplating that G-Force performance chip, and that lead me to this forum - I am searching now to see if any of members here already have that chip installed and if so, what is their opinion on it.
Thanks.

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
Yes I do. But first I want to make sure I break-in this sweet little engine per my liking (which I always do with new cars - drive it as I stole it).
Than I am contemplating that G-Force performance chip, and that lead me to this forum - I am searching now to see if any of members here already have that chip installed and if so, what is their opinion on it.
Thanks.
I would do some research on it.

Here are a couple of threads. There is some teasing and some other more how would you say opinionated opinions, but also some good information.

http://www.crzforum.com/forum/aftermarket-crowd/3481-superchips.html

http://www.crzforum.com/forum/engin...2-gforce-performance-chip-kit-honda-cr-z.html

·
Registered
320 Posts
Welcome to the club :p This car is all too much fun for a hybrid, I went on a drive today and had my buddies not texted me asking if I wanted to go out to eat I don't know how far I would have gone before turning around :p Enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I would do some research on it.

Here are a couple of threads. There is some teasing and some other more how would you say opinionated opinions, but also some good information.

http://www.crzforum.com/forum/aftermarket-crowd/3481-superchips.html

http://www.crzforum.com/forum/engin...2-gforce-performance-chip-kit-honda-cr-z.html
Thanks Scotty :thumbsup:
I checked the treads and as I assumed that G-Force "performance" chip is nothing but the joke. I should know better. 69 bucks for extra 60 horses ? Sure :rolleyes:
Give me 10 of them and I'll gain 600 horses :thumbup:

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
Thanks Scotty :thumbsup:
I checked the treads and as I assumed that G-Force "performance" chip is nothing but the joke. I should know better. 69 bucks for extra 60 horses ? Sure :rolleyes:
Give me 10 of them and I'll gain 600 horses :thumbup:

Most Welcome.
As you saw, I started one of the threads and had the same questions - Which were eh elequently - or not - answered in some cases.

:cry: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
282 Posts
Welcome! I'm 66 y/o (not 6' 6":rolleyes:) but am 6' 3" and common ? I get is whether or not I fit in the car!! And I would agree this car makes me feel years younger! And I wouldn't worry about keeping the car in sport. That's what I do most of the time and still have managed over 4000 mi to have averaged between 35-40 mpg. Think they should have made sport the default mode instead of normal. I'm pretty much convinced now that driving mode has very little infuence on fuel economy, not nearly as much as length of trip or weather (temperature). Keep enjoying the ride!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.