Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mrs. GM3 just had XM radio installed for me. The dealer screwed up and forgot to order a part so it won't be completed until Tuesday night, but I am excited. Missed XM since I traded in my Accord.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Yeah i'm going to get the XM module.. but depending on how hard it is to install (hoping for some clever plug and play system) i'll just order the part myself and do it myself.
If you are handy (and careful) the install is relatively easy. Remove the trim piece just below the radio to keep from scratching it (and make more room). See the instructions for the center armrest install to see how to remove the center trim piece. It's not in the instructions to install the XM radio.

I also installed the antenna between the mirror and behind the "cross hatching" on the windshield. NOT as in the instructions. The antenna is "hidden" in this fashion and reception is still good. I do get drop outs when in the "shadow" of tall buildings.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.