Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
lol sorry forgot the difference, guess it was just the EP with the k20a2 motor i believe? the one with 160ish, pretty even race till we got to about 90-100mph

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
gotta love that FWD lol. my 400hp mazdaspeed3 was a maniac when it went into full boost lol. let a buddy drive it one time and hes one of those "i got this" kinda dudes, we are in the highway, hes being cool with driving with one hand, i tell him ok "punch it, but hold the steering wheels with both hands" and of course he says " dont worry i got this" lol.. i let him be bc the highway was empty, the moment that 30r saw psi's and wastegate open up, we end up 2 lanes over and he with both hands on the wheel, saying "dude WTF" lol. i said "i told you lol"

·
Registered
395 Posts
gotta love that FWD lol. my 400hp mazdaspeed3 was a maniac when it went into full boost lol. let a buddy drive it one time and hes one of those "i got this" kinda dudes, we are in the highway, hes being cool with driving with one hand, i tell him ok "punch it, but hold the steering wheels with both hands" and of course he says " dont worry i got this" lol.. i let him be bc the highway was empty, the moment that 30r saw psi's and wastegate open up, we end up 2 lanes over and he with both hands on the wheel, saying "dude WTF" lol. i said "i told you lol"
**** yeah. Scary **** your first few times.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
lets not even get into launching it from a dig lol, your pretty much spin till 4th lol. but my ms3 was a highway queen, if you were an evo or sti your only chance would be from a dig bc from a 40 roll, once i brake-boosted it was GONE. and it pulled hard all the way to 160mph.

·
Registered
395 Posts
At 338whp on the 2 liter stock k20a3 motor (my last setup prior) it ran 12's at 6000ft with low 2.x 60 ft's... and this is at bandimere (the slowest track in america) -- launching is a bitch for sure. I'd prolly run the same now as it wheel spins at the bottom of every gear and again when vtec hits (at wot) around ~5k rpms... but damn it's fun.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Yea its fun but my next big big build will be awd, I don't mind a fwd car with a little boost for the street but for big boy play time it's awd all day. My ms3 was an 11sec car but I never ran it with slicks and on street tires it was almost impossible to break 12.5, I ran it on azenis.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Yeah, I can respect the AWD drag thing for sure. My times were all on street tires -- I was going to try slicks last season but it just breaks axels (stage 2.9 even) now anyway.

I'll never sell the ep3 though and I doubt ill do another high hp turbo build -- kinda pointless for me now if i'm not going to be competitively drag racing.

I'm going to keep doing solo trials and track days and just keep building clean and unique rare hondas for fun. I'm over the competitive side of the "whp" wars, the drag strip ET's, street, etc...

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I understand! I promised myself that I wouldn't go nuts anymore with cars I drive daily, which is why my goal with the cr-z is just to enhance my personal driving experience and make the car look fresh. So t25 on a clean 5psi tune will probably be it unless I feel I need more. But I'm also looking forward to grabbing a GTR hopefully before summer, I want that to be my 9sec car that's streetable in every way, but it's a long term project. I'm tired of driving around heavily modified cars, I just to hate driving my ms3 in terror of something breaking. And I used to practically drive my 10sec supra everyday and that thing broke weekly, it's frusterating simply not practical.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.