Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to buy a good running standard UK Lithium CR-Z for long term research purposes.

So if anyone has an unmodified one they are thinking about selling.

Post it here with some details and a price for consideration.. Thanks.

Near to Hull/Yorkshire is better, but distance is not necessarily a problem.

I have seen the ones on e-bay etc, but if I have missed any let me know.

I like white, but again all colours will be considered.

·
Super Moderator
7,163 Posts
Good luck with the search but aren't Lithium CR-Z there even rarer than USA? I presume for your purposes you need an MT but there those are more available ( for all years ) than here.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Sport is mid-spec (most common variant in the UK) - base model was “S” which is rarest. The higher spec GT adds leather seats, glass roof, hands free etc.
For Lithium UK cars the GT models are more road tax (unlike the NiMH).

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Anyone know anything about this car?

CRZ Honda Hybrid sport 2013 | in Chester, Cheshire | Gumtree

I'm no expert on the minutiae of CR-Z models, so what exactly is this?
Base/middle/top?

Anything weird I should be looking for?
I'm no expert on what went on in the UK, but that is apportioned in line with the middle trim we got here in the US.

one thing I DO know about UK CRZs is that you need to find a facelifted ZF2 2013 model - some of the 2013 cars in the UK were leftover ZF1 production.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
one thing I DO know about UK CRZs is that you need to find a facelifted ZF2 2013 model - some of the 2013 cars in the UK were leftover ZF1 production.
What does that mean in reality.

Do the leftover ones have the higher power output?

As long as it has Lithium and is in good shape I'm not that bothered.

·
Super Moderator
7,163 Posts
To ensure Lithum look for S+ button. Apparently due to Plate year process some non Lithium cars are labeled as 2013s

Do the leftover ones have the higher power output?

As long as it has Lithium and is in good shape I'm not that bothered.

·
Registered
2012 Sport / manual / NSBP
229 Posts
Yes I know that. ;)

I was wondering what other differences are...
between this and pre-facelift? front bumper, rear diffuser, s+ button on the steering wheel, maybe also gear ratios in the manual gearbox if I remember correctly (not sure if it was changed in 2013 or 2016), door trim panels, black interior (seats, panels, center console, headliner)

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
I was getting at the fact that you can't be sure it's a facelifted model with the Lithium battery just by the fact that it's a 2013 number plate.
Yes I know that. ;)

I was wondering what other differences are...
S+ button, Li-ion battery (duh), all-black interior, manual transmission has a different differential ratio... different front bumper and rear valence (at least in the US, the one you linked looks like it has the modulo rear valence, so maybe in the UK too). US got LED strip running lights for the top trims... UK already had the LED strips *(and full width, I might add !)

And one last thing - the taillights were tinted a VERY SLIGHT shade of blue. you won't notice it until you park 2 white cars next to each other. (at least for the ones sold in the US)

Other than that, and internal computer differences... there were some parts that changed suppliers, and the 11-12 axles might not fit the 13-16 MT. the CVT axles work with all years of CVT

·
Registered
116 Posts
That white 2013 Lithium UK car in ”Sport” trim has a couple of cosmetic OEM upgrades over standard - the roof spoiler and the carbon effect rear diffuser. The black bits at the corners of the front bumper must be third party.

It looks very clean in the photos on gumtree. It’s really great that you are helping all us CR-Z owners with your knowledge and experimentation Peter.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Yes - you can look at it that way 😀

Actually though the Lithium models are so rare over here you could probably still get most of your money back if you hang on to it long enough. I’m sure you are seeing the 1st gen Insight prices and my other (now classic?) car (Integra Type R DC2) value wise is back up to what I paid for it used at the dealer and it was my reliable as clockwork daily driver for 16 years so has more than paid for itself. Most folks I know have spent several times my motoring costs over the years chopping and changing and had more than a few big garage bills.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I bought the white Lithium UK car and paid £6598 for it..

Just got back now seemed to drive fine and managed 60mpg trundling along.

I will asses it properly over the next few days and get it on some ramps and check things over, service it etc.

I like the fact it appears unmolested as def not into body mods, wheels, spoilers etc etc

1 - 18 of 18 Posts