Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
'11 CBP EX 6MT
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking for an OEM Mugen Oil Cap for ZF1.

Part Number: 15610-XMA-000

Shipping would be to 20170, in the US.

Please PM me with pics and price if you have one you want to get rid of.

Thanks!

·
Registered
'11 CBP EX 6MT
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
'11 CBP EX 6MT
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Potentially found a surplus(10+) of OEM ZF1 Mugen Oil caps at an independent Honda dealership in California.

Parts guy confirmed the part number and the quantity, but since they're independent they don't ship to other dealerships. Currently working with some CA locals to verify validity of everything.

If it checks out I'll post the dealership info (after securing mine :p). Parts guy said list price is $154.50.

Reactions: Spdbump

·
Super Moderator
6,863 Posts
What is difference between the "OEM" Mugen and the Mugen one I posted from Kamispeed?

Potentially found a surplus(10+) of OEM ZF1 Mugen Oil caps at an independent Honda dealership in California.

Parts guy confirmed the part number and the quantity, but since they're independent they don't ship to other dealerships. Currently working with some CA locals to verify validity of everything.

If it checks out I'll post the dealership info (after securing mine :p). Parts guy said list price is $154.50.

·
Registered
'11 CBP EX 6MT
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What is difference between the "OEM" Mugen and the Mugen one I posted from Kamispeed?
If you look at the picture I added to my first post, you can see the difference between the OEM used on the ZF1's and the one you linked.

·
Registered
62 Posts
The ones on KamiSpeed are generic Mugen, T.K. wants the one specifically made for the CRZ.

·
Super Moderator
6,863 Posts
Did not realize there was a difference they all fit or so I thought. Since so specialized that is why they are so much more expensive. Looks the same to me but what do I know. Oil cap if it threads in and is the correct threads it works or so I thought.

The ones on KamiSpeed are generic Mugen, T.K. wants the one specifically made for the CRZ.

·
Registered
'11 CBP EX 6MT
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did not realize there was a difference they all fit or so I thought. Since so specialized that is why they are so much more expensive. Looks the same to me but what do I know. Oil cap if it threads in and is the correct threads it works or so I thought.
The difference is visual, not functional. I can get an oil cap that says "Mugen" on it for $12 off Amazon. My post clearly states what I'm looking for, the OEM part number, and a picture of what the part looks like.

I'm sure the assumption was made that the Super Moderator of a car forum would be able to differentiate when someone is searching for any functional replacement, vs looking for a very specific OEM part.

Either way, this is a WTB thread, not a debate what you think about oil caps thread.

Let's try to stay on topic.

·
Super Moderator
6,863 Posts
Forgive me I thought they were both official Mugen for for Honda's not knockoffs hence the questions did not realize and I will stay on topic . I am trying to learn the differences. I know I can get a knockoff but that was not what this topic was about. Both are Mugen and for Honda did not realize what you were looking for was specific for a CR-Z . I had no Idea that Mugen made specific for a particular model that was an engine part not a body part like a grille. Others may not know either.

I am very against replica parts and will not buy a replica or knockoff. Even getting a created plate like you are looking for I am not in favor of but if you want to do it that is fine for your car.

The difference is visual, not functional. I can get an oil cap that says "Mugen" on it for $12 off Amazon. My post clearly states what I'm looking for, the OEM part number, and a picture of what the part looks like.

I'm sure the assumption was made that the Super Moderator of a car forum would be able to differentiate when someone is searching for any functional replacement, vs looking for a very specific OEM part.

Either way, this is a WTB thread, not a debate what you think about oil caps thread.

Let's try to stay on topic.

·
Registered
'11 CBP EX 6MT
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Called the dealership back today. Had the parts guy physically confirm the stock, they had 10 on the shelf.

They agreed to ship after I explained that they're the only US dealership that has them(AFAIK). I ordered and paid for mine, and I know at least one other person has done the same. They're limiting them to 1 per customer as well.

Here's the dealership info. Should have 8 left in stock. As far as I know these are the last NOS OEM ZF1 Mugen oil caps in the US.

OEM Mugen Oil Cap for ZF1
P/N: 15610-XMA-000

DCH Honda of Oxnard
1500 Ventura Blvd
Oxnard, CA 93036

List Price: $154.50

Thread can be locked.

Reactions: Fediej and Spdbump
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.