Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can be a Tegiwa, T1R, Kamispeed, fence posts welded onto flanges, w/e. Looking to replace the second cat. Located in Austin, TX willing to drive a reasonable distance or pay for shipping.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Can be a Tegiwa, T1R, Kamispeed, fence posts welded onto flanges, w/e. Looking to replace the second cat. Located in Austin, TX willing to drive a reasonable distance or pay for shipping.
I have a test pipe from an unknown manufacturer from Japan. Got it through Up Garage. It is well built, nice welds all around and light. Can send pics. I'm asking $250 + shipping

·
Registered
145 Posts
If you're not in a hurry my crz will be in Austin for a motor swap in a month or so.

My T1R test pipe will be for sale. It's been drilled and tapped for an additional wideband o2 sensor.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a test pipe from an unknown manufacturer from Japan. Got it through Up Garage. It is well built, nice welds all around and light. Can send pics. I'm asking $250 + shipping
Sure thing, do you know what the diameter is on it? The Tegiwa decat is like, $200 shipped, but they have to make it.

If you're not in a hurry my crz will be in Austin for a motor swap in a month or so.

My T1R test pipe will be for sale. It's been drilled and tapped for an additional wideband o2 sensor.
I just secured a second job and paychecks will be going towards maintenance and upkeep. I can definitely wait. Where in Austin are you going for the swap? I'm pretty far south but can make something work.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Sure thing, do you know what the diameter is on it? The Tegiwa decat is like, $200 shipped, but they have to make it.

I just secured a second job and paychecks will be going towards maintenance and upkeep. I can definitely wait. Where in Austin are you going for the swap? I'm pretty far south but can make something work.
I also would like to know what place in Austin that is familiar with the CR-Z in case I need them to do difficult modifications/maintenance. I also was possibly considering replacing the 2nd cat with the Tegiwa. My only question is, will it cause inspection to fail?

·
Super Moderator
7,355 Posts
Most legitimate places it will fail a visual inspection even if it has no errors showing.

I also would like to know what place in Austin that is familiar with the CR-Z in case I need them to do difficult modifications/maintenance. I also was possibly considering replacing the 2nd cat with the Tegiwa. My only question is, will it cause inspection to fail?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If the tech looks under the car and sees a catalytic is replaced with a straight pipe, yes. Although 95% of inspectors don’t care. As long as the CEL is off they’re cool with it.

I’m in south austin, at the edge of Buda. I’m always down to help fellow Z owners get their car situated!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Well you guys are in luck! I lived in Austin for 30 years before being relocated to VA. I have hookups in Austin for pretty much anything you can imagine in regards to cars.

Some of the things I can help with:

Trusted and honest mechanic. | Kyle, TX | Off FM150
-Does everything from oil changes, scheduled maintenance, suspension, motor assembly/swaps, turbo builds, you name it.
-I've known him for over 15 years and he's the only person I let touch my cars for anything but basic stuff.
-He's finishing the turbo build on my CRX, and I'm driving my CRZ cross country, so he can complete the turbo build and motor swap on it. That's how good he is, and how much I trust him.

Inspections. | Austin, TX | Around Slaughter and Manchaca
-If your car is registered in Travis county, I can help get you get a legit inspection sticker. If Wilco you're SOL.
-Depending on what's wrong with, or what's illegal on your car, price is usually $60-$100. Paid in cash to the inspector on shift.
-I can also potentially help if you're in Hays county, but I'd have to verify my connect is still active.

Tint. | Greater Austin Area
-Friend of mine has a mobile tinting business. He'll come to you within the greater Austin area to tint your car.
-He'll do whatever shade you want, regardless of legality.
-I always had him do 5% all the way around, with 40% on the entire windshield. Never got stopped for it.
-I've paid as low as $130 for a coupe with no existing tint. I've paid as much as $300 for a sedan with existing tint that was a PITA to remove. YMMV

Auto Electronics. | Buda, TX | Off 1626 Just Past Brodie
-Another friend of mine is an electronics wizard.
-He was the lead installer at CircuitCity for years before they went under. Then he was lead installer at BestBuy for years. He switched careers, but still does installs on the weekends out of his garage.
-He can do the basic stuff in his sleep(alarms, head units, speakers, lights, etc).
-Custom work is where he really shines. He's impressed me many times, and I honestly think he prefers difficult jobs.
-Some examples:
+He traced a parasitic draw on my RSX back to the lights on reminder that's integrated into my cluster. Then put it on a toggle switch so I could turn it off in the meantime, while I looked for a replacement cluster.
+He rewired/re-pinned my CRX climate control harness so I could use a newer Accord climate control. PIC
+I provided him with a pair of JDM power/power folding mirrors with about an inch of wiring on them, a relay that eBay said was for them, and the OEM switch with the plug and an inch of wiring. He created an entire harness from scratch, ran everything as OEM as possible, patched into the fuse box, and got everything working 100%. VIDEO
+Bought an Amazon power window kit. He installed it, ran everything as OEM as possible, patched into the fuse box and ran the switches to my center console. VIDEO
+I bought a pair of EDM power adjustable headlights, along with the interior switch for my CRX. It took my buddy about 2 months to get everything figured out 100%. This included him working directly with the eBay seller I got them from, proving that the motors were bad, getting replacements shipped to him and getting everything working 100% VIDEO
+My RL didn't come with a factory backup camera. I bought the OEM backup camera and trunk trim off eBay. He figured out how to patch into the navi drive in the trunk, to display the camera while in reverse. It only works 80% of the time, but hey, for starting with nothing, I'll take it lol.
+More recently I bought the ZF2 rear view camera, and rear view mirror with the integrated display. A bunch of people have asked if it could be done, but nobody had ever done it, as far as I could tell. So of course I bought everything and mailed it to my buddy in TX. Only took him a couple days and he had everything wired up and working 100%. He also made me an entire harness from scratch, which makes the install almost plug n play, outside of 3 wires. POST

I'm not posting names or addresses because I don't want any dick heads fucking with my friends.

If you want specifics, PM me. Once you verify that you actually live in Austin or the surrounding areas, I'm all in on helping you out. :)

Reactions: Outatime and Fediej

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There’s a guy in Kyle, TX who has a performance shop I got some wheels from. You might know him, he does a lot of 4G63 stuff and preps his S14 for TX2k.

If you’re looking to install mods or a header or something that doesn’t necessarily require a lift we can always do it at my apartment’s garage. Much wider than any garage I’ve rented before. Replaced my transmission in there, even. I just need to get rid of a few things to make some more room.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am currently running the Kamispeed but It will be coming off my car Labor day weekend and I can bring it as far south as OKC. If you're still looking for something at that point let me know.
Will do, I’ll keep in touch. I’ll PM you when the time comes.

·
Registered
145 Posts
There’s a guy in Kyle, TX who has a performance shop I got some wheels from. You might know him, he does a lot of 4G63 stuff and preps his S14 for TX2k.
As is common in the scene, if I don't know them by full name, it's either first name/nick name and what they drive lol

·
Super Moderator
7,355 Posts
Till you get an inspector that wants to keep his inspection license and actually follows all the laws regarding this. Inspectors in some areas are tested with specially rigged cars with known issues to make sure the inspections are legitimate. If all Cats are removed you have more of a chance of it failing if the car never goes into ready and has a CEL. In some states when you go on or off a some roads they have emissions sniffers and you get a pass fail in the mail. So even if you have an inspector you can pay for a sticker you never know when you might get caught.
Your car ,your choices, your issue when they fail it.

Not a chance I am willing to take.

If the tech looks under the car and sees a catalytic is replaced with a straight pipe, yes. Although 95% of inspectors don’t care. As long as the CEL is off they’re cool with it.

I’m in south austin, at the edge of Buda. I’m always down to help fellow Z owners get their car situated!

·
Registered
36 Posts
That's awesome. I guess a thread should be started for CR-Z meetups here in Austin just in case if it has not been created already. I actually saw a black CR-Z today on Brodie that had a red stripe going down the hood, I wonder who it could be.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Just curious, what all parts will be coming off for your motor swap? I’m still trying to source a mid-pipe and intake, but T1R’s mid-pipe is out of stock, and the only other ones I can find come with a $1,000 catback, but I want to pair it with the Kakimoto Regu06&R muffler.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am currently running the Kamispeed but It will be coming off my car Labor day weekend and I can bring it as far south as OKC. If you're still looking for something at that point let me know.
If the OP ends up not getting it from ya, what are you looking to sell it for? Thanks

1 - 20 of 22 Posts