Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
need a used oem exhaust manifold with the intergrated cat. the piece that looks like this:
mines clogged and running the car hard isnt fixing the cel anymore.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Check ebay. I found a whole bunch of OEM CR-Z converters low mileage for a reasonable price and shipping from Germany and other parts of Europe (to the US). A lot of US states have restrictions on selling used catalytics because of the theft. Regular owners just looking to pass emissions or have a non-safe/'limp'-mode car get screwed over as a result. There's plenty of total-loss-vehicle used catatlytics available that aren't stolen but they can't be sold.

Your other option is to get a third party, magnaflow is one and rockauto sells some as well. The fit and finish isn't great, they're also not legally compliant to some states emissions standards (and these two won't ship them to the restricted states) but they're at least affordable.

Also worth mentioning that converters can just die naturally not necessarily being clogged. Mine was fine looking, no clogs, substrate in-tact but the catatlytic washcoat on the honeycomb substrate was just gone after 170,000 miles, basically looks like a pure white vs the yellowish color of a brand new OEM Honda catalytic. Enough usage and heat cycles can render ineffective a converter the same catastrophic failure.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Here's the part number and a dealership listing if you need it for reference.

18190-RTW-A00

Good luck. (y)

·
Super Moderator
7,355 Posts
What code(s) is it presenting? We have had a few very detailed threads on Emissions codes and how to fix them.

·
Super Moderator
7,355 Posts
Our cars have 2 O2 sensors one before and 1 after the CAT. Which one do you have? OP still should pull the codes and determine the issues not just throw parts at it.

I have the cat and an o2 sensor. If you still need it please message me. Located in Poland

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
check emissions light with loss of modes, would go away if i ran the car very hard but now even that doesnt clear the cel. dealer diagnosed as bad/clogged cat on the exhaust manifold. Car has over 180,000 miles so not shocking . I believe I may have one sourced at a local junkyard. Just need to see if they'll turn a blind eye if I pull the whole exhaust and try to buy it as a complete uni not mentioning the word cat... if not Needcraft21 I'l let you know, thank you!

·
Super Moderator
7,355 Posts
Would be interesting to know exactly which codes as some dealers have the attitude of put a new one on and see if problem goes away. it is highly probable it needs a cat but dealers tend to pick the most expensive repair and many dealers have told people to replace IMA battery when all that was needed was a fan for instance. I would go to a regular mechanic for a second opinion if it were mine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts