Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh well after hitting 250K I wrecked the CRZ
Was watching my elderly Dad and took a run to the store. While at a stop sign the crossing guard was crossing some kids. When I went to cross the intersection I T boned an suv. Thank God no injuries. Totally my fault I simple did not see the other vehicle
Where my Dad lives its congested and very limited line of site as these intersection. Really pissed at myself but very happy everyone ok. Then I went to use my other car a mr2 Spyder SMT and the damn thing don't start. On top of that no car rentals anywhere, Ida flooded many cars here in NJ. And to buy a car very limited availability. Just a bad week
Loved all the help and ideas the forum has given me. Who knows I may get another one
Thanks to everyone on the forum
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Administrator
7,520 Posts
Sorry to hear of your loss. Every time someone loses a car or has an accident there is always someone who says it is repairable or it'll buff out. In the real world Cars are totaled for much less damage and there are very practical reasons why a vehicle cannot be repaired. The issue is with so few vehicles available due to the chip shortage and the pandemic prices are wild. There are so many flood cars in that area. I really do not know what I would do if I lost my car for any reason. Glad the car gave its life to save you even though as you said it was your fault. Hopefully you can get your other car working with a simple battery replacement or other reasonable repair. If that happened to me I would be walking or looking for a bicycle. I have only my CR-Z.

If you happen to find another CR-Z way out of the area or get another vehicle please come back and tell us what you ended up doing.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Sorry to hear about the car, 250K is a pretty big milestone.

That would be a super easy fix at the body shop. Looks very superficial.
Looks like 5K+ of damage/labor from the photo if the only engine area damage is the radiator that got pushed towards the engine. At the millage of the car he could get another CRZ with 100K miles less for around that price but with Hurricane Ida causes flood it changes things.

·
Administrator
7,520 Posts
I received my personal property tax bill the other day and for my 2013 one owner CR-Z. It said the assessed value of the car is $5,900. Mine is newer and with only 80,000 miles on it. Putting more money into it than it is worth does not make sense or cents. Horrible situation and I pray I am never in a similar one but you have to be practical.

My hit and run accident to the front corner of the car was over 4 K to repair but I paid the $250 deductible and had a very good shop fight for me to get all parts replaced. That was a front fender, headlight, crash sensor, wheel well liner, front corner airbag sensor and other parts. I got lucky the radiator did not have to get replaced or some other parts that this accident would require If you have never had an accident you have no Idea what it will cost to repair a car unless you can do all the work yourself.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
At least everyone's alright. You took it to 250,000 miles so thanks for getting the CR-Zs safe driving statistics way up! Hope you can find another one for a good price all minty and take it to a million miles.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Or if you have ever had the front off of a CR-Z you would know those horns are a bolt on. They are part of the bumper bar that has been torn off and tweaked the horns. But those horns are probably 10" long and bolt on. They are extremely flimsy as they are part of the crash structure.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Or if you have ever had the front off of a CR-Z you would know those horns are a bolt on. They are part of the bumper bar that has been torn off and tweaked the horns. But those horns are probably 10" long and bolt on. They are extremely flimsy as they are part of the crash structure.
Take a good hard look at the gap on the passenger's fender and door. the whole fender gap has been opened. there's also a crease in the fender right behind the wheel. it's not just the bolt-on horns that are tweaked.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts