Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week my car would get get stuck in park. Then my brake lights, turn signal, hazard light quit working. Today my vsa light came on. I took it to a mechanic and they replaced the brake pedal sensor. They worked for about 5 minutes and then quit. Anyone have any ideas. Ground maybe?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I checked that fuse and it was bad. When I replaced it though nothing happened. I had all the fuses tested and the horn fuse wasn't receiving any power. Traced it back to the under hood battery fuse and that was the problem. There was corrosion inside the battery fuse that ate a hole thru it. Replaced it and everything is working great. Thanks for the help

·
Premium Member
8,792 Posts
Did you have to replace the whole positive cable to replace the fusible link, or were you able to just replace the 3 connections (or one that was blown) separately? We have discussed those 3 fusible links before, and they do either corrode or blow. If it was corrosion clean the terminals and the cable ends as good as you can with a wire brush (like this Battery Terminal Cleaner) or baking soda and water paste (If you have naval jelly that works too Remove Rust from Metal with Naval Jelly® Rust Treatment from Loctite Adhesives), once clean reinstall the cables to the terminals as tight as you can get them then coat with grease or the special Noco protectant. There are also special felt washers to go under the clamps to absorb any acid. All these kinds of things are sold in the battery area in Walmart. I personally have sprayed the terminals with silicone spray, but that is not the correct product, but has worked for me.

I checked that fuse and it was bad. When I replaced it though nothing happened. I had all the fuses tested and the horn fuse wasn't receiving any power. Traced it back to the under hood battery fuse and that was the problem. There was corrosion inside the battery fuse that ate a hole thru it. Replaced it and everything is working great. Thanks for the help

·
Premium Member
8,792 Posts
I was not sure if that could be replaced separate from the whole cable. Glad you found a solution and still have the fusible links as a last line of defense.
I didn't replace the positive cable. I just unhooked the old battery fuse terminal and replaced it with a new one. I did clean up all the connections and sprayed it with some anti corrosion preventative.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts