Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone found and confirmed a wiring harness that will work with the CRZ? I have the EX-Navi but the navigation unit is absolutely terrible so I wanted to upgrade it with the AVIC Z130BT. I have checked crutchfield with no success. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
95 Posts
I think all these crz compatible aftermarket units come up with their own wiring harness and adapters. But if you like the custom way you will need these:
Scosche Industries

* Yellow – 12V Constant
* Red – 12V Accessory
* Black - Ground
* Blue- Power Antenna
* Orange – Dash Light Dimmer/Illumination
* Green – Left Rear Speaker (+)
* Green with Black Stripe Left Rear Speaker (-)
* White – Left Front Speaker (+)
* White with Black Stripe – Left Front Speaker (-)
* Purple – Right Rear Speaker (+)
* Purple with Black Stripe – Right Rear Speaker (-)
* Gray – Right Front Speaker (+)
* Gray with Black Stripe – Right Front Speaker (-)

the scothe wiring harmess come with this wiring table. but not all of them are correct. I can confirm about the speakers and amp triger. For the rest give me some time to check it one more time for sure.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I'm starting to get closer to the time when I will be integrating my CarPC into the dash, and I recently popped open the dash to see what I had to work with in there, and this is what I found...

There are four separate connectors going into the stock head unit (non-navi). One is the antenna adapter - that's fine. Another looks to be the 'main' connector (big, gray, locking) and the wiring harness I received from installer.com matches this. But what the heck are the two other connectors!?!?

Oh, and there are actually two OTHER connectors, but those go to the Passenger Airbag-off indicator and the hazard switch. (Not pictured)

Any info would be much appreciated, I'm a newbie when it comes to car audio.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry for posting to the very old thread. I have the same 3 connectors as CyberBill posted picture for. Any advice what do do with other 2 connectors? Where can I buy harness for these and wiring diagram? Thanks!!!

·
Premium Member
8,799 Posts
Sorry for posting to the very old thread. I have the same 3 connectors as CyberBill posted picture for. Any advice what do do with other 2 connectors? Where can I buy harness for these and wiring diagram? Thanks!!!
Wiring diagrams are in the service manual . Some owners of this manual have posted .pdfs or links to them or you can purchase them here for some years

Helm Incorporated: Search Results

as for the harnesses that will plug into your car those are available many places but sometimes they do not match the car. Metra is a brand name to search for and Crutchfield includes them with the purchase.

·
Registered
250 Posts
You don't, in general. You only need to do anything with the other two harnesses if you're wiring in steering wheel control or you want to get a backup status.

If you're not interested in steering wheel control or backup cams, you don't need to even consider the other two harnesses. If you are, there's information scattered across this board on what you need. I have a 2011 EX nav that uses a Maestro RR for steering wheel control and I'm tapping into the Honda wire on one of those harnesses that controls a backup signal for the camera they never installed on 2011 and 2012 models.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.