Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might be a long shot because the car just came out, but any idea how the CRZ handles winter weather? I'm not sure about getting that small a car, living in a very snowy area. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
The OEM tires on my Civic Hybrid were terrible in the snow. Those were bridgestones thou. Not sure how these Dunlops will handle I guess we will find out soon. I wonder which side of the Atlantic will get snow first. Our record within my memory was a couple inches on October 15th :p

Because of the instant torque just be easy accelerating in snow. And use the same common sense with slowing down as you'd apply to any vehicle.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
We already have snow up in the mountains. It wont be long before we get it in the denver area.

I am going to buy snow tires.. probably a high performance, unstudded winter tire like the Continental Winter Extreme Contacts. Mostly because the winter temps here are so low ( average winter temp is 33)... regular tires are rock hard at those temps. It is a cheap investment.. and changing them out is easy enough. Before this I had a 4runner (4WD).. so am looking for some security and control in snow and ice.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Front wheel drive plus ABS and VSA should make for a stable ride in inclement weather. In fact, if you had to choose, VSA is better than 4wd in the hands of most casual drivers who don't know how to best make use of 4wd in many situations.

·
Registered
85 Posts
The OEM tires on my Civic were also terrible in the snow and slush and I replaced them after one season.

I have already replaced the OEM tires that came on my Z with a set of 205 Pirelli's that should offer me better handling this winter.

However, like everyone else, I'm still waiting for cold weather. It is 86 at the end of September here in Colorado. Not even the mountains have any snow yet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.