Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now im sure THIS mod isn't for everyone but ive found a substantial increase of mpg + its simple to tear off tape if you get an overheat. Running w/o a temp gage ive listened for the electric fan to kick in in autostop. I guess because of the constant coasting ive not encountered the fan yet. A temp gage would be nice... Im askin SANTA ..

O and if u havnt checked the tire pressure its easy to lose 10 lb from 80 to 50 degrees DSCN5724.JPG

·
Registered
193 Posts
I think the pic you attached is a bit small, but I see where you taped up over the bottom of the grille under the licence plate.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea it wasn't taking my pics from photobucket (maybe THEY were drinkin)
yes ive installed packing tape to restrict airflow to the radiator ,Ive NOT had an overheat and my milage is back above 50 mpg.
N although I cant prove im sure that being the engine is operating AT normal operating temps it is running cleaner producing less carbon. Stick that up your tailpipe .. .. 【ツ】

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
latest #`s

small_zps6863c93c.jpg

winter numbers if photobucket cooperates?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
small_zps6863c93c.jpg

Wrong pic: SUE ME 【ツ】

·
Capt'n Jack
9,498 Posts
:) I dunno - 48 is still pretty warm and muggy for some.. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
126 Posts

That pic is with -39C (-38F) with windchill. We're currently in another cold snap this week. I'm averaging 6.3ish L/100km per tank. I normally average 5.8L/100km. I've noticed the starter kicks in after -25C. I just start it and start my highway commute to work. I don't warm it up. The engine warms pretty quickly and I get all my leaves back on the eco guide. The interior takes about 5 minutes to warm before I can feel my limbs again. I feel really safe on the roads with my winter tires. It's just the other a-holes out there I have to worry about. :p

·
Registered
126 Posts
chazdawg35 - You can breathe but you choke on the air once you get outside. Your nose hairs freeze and the tears in your eyes kind of freeze too. And God help you if you have a runny nose. Haha!

mike15z - I blame Google! I used their temp conversion calculator. I thought the Fahrenheit and Celsius scales converge once it gets to really effin' cold temperatures? The windchill was -44C this morning and will stay there for the rest of the day. You just have to adapt when you have extreme temperatures/conditions. In my case, I crank up my music and curse a lot. Seems to warm me up faster. :)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts