Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So now that some of us are actually getting snow and ice, I'm wondering if any owners have some recent hands-on insights about how the CR-Z is doing for them in winter conditions.

CARE TO SHARE? :thumbsup:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Firestone Winter Force on the stock rims, hindsight I should have spent a little extra money and went with some low rolling resistance winter tires, my MPG went down by about 2.5 MPG.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have been pleased how well the Dunlops have done with 22 inches of snow this week, most of the roads in town are hard pack so I have been playing around on the side streets, the traction control is subtle and the ABS is predictable. I was worried at first when I read the reviews of my Dunlops at Tire Rack but I think its going to be manageable.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Driving in heavy snow/ice gives a horrible cruchy noise at the front wheels when they are not gripping - not the car's fault but still disturbing. Also the green eco arrows must be ignored - ie constantly telling you to change down gear - tsk! But otherwise fair/good grip while rolling and the abs is up to scratch.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Have been driving all week in a mixture of snow, slush and ice on the stock Dunlop tires and have found the car to be very predictable and easy to drive... even "safe" feeling. At first I was apprehensive about driving it in the snow, partially because I didnt want to get it dirty :cry: but its actually kinda fun lol

I just stop by the diy carwash on the way home every day and get that crap off! Splash guards and all season floormats help, too :thumbsup:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Had my first snow/ice trip Sunday. Left work about 5:30 pm around 2 inches on ground over a crust of Ice. Took the long way home as son in law had already put his Focus over a small embankment. CRZ was very predictable, I had no trouble going or stopping and the only time I encountered any slippage was going up my drive. I make a 180 turn off the road and up the drive, got about 1/2 way up and was spinning. Backed down so I could go straight up, had a little spinning as I went through the drifts, but not bad for stock tires. My wife had no trouble in her mini, but it has Blizzak snow tires all the way around. Since I was driving at a slower speed my mileage went up from 39.6 when I left work to 41.1 when I got home. I was in normal mode all the way.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Went out this morning, scraped the Ice off the windows, got in the car, turned on the key dash reluctantly lights up, temp reads 2 degrees. I push in the clutch it is stiff turn the key and nothing. I try it a couple of times, nothing. I pull the shifter into neutral and it starts. Shifter was really stiff, and non of the lights on instruments wanted to work normally for the first 15 miles. Outside temps came up to about 8 by the time I got to work. I hope it warms up soon.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Went out this morning, scraped the Ice off the windows, got in the car, turned on the key dash reluctantly lights up, temp reads 2 degrees. I push in the clutch it is stiff turn the key and nothing. I try it a couple of times, nothing. I pull the shifter into neutral and it starts. Shifter was really stiff, and non of the lights on instruments wanted to work normally for the first 15 miles. Outside temps came up to about 8 by the time I got to work. I hope it warms up soon.
damn.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.