Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need to replace this 2011 washer fluid tank. Pour water in, leaks right out. Can’t get to it without taking front clip off. I’m stuck with living with it or a dealer fix. Any other thoughts. VJB

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
For full access you should pull the bumper cover but if it's leaking from where the hoses connect to it (front bottom of the tank) or just cracked you can undo the front part of the wheel well fender liner plastic and see if you can fix it that way. If you want to do it cheap let it all leak out, wipe it down with some isopropyl then Hondabond/RTV sealant/JB weld, might not last forever though.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Late reply but I had this issue before. You may need to take off the bumper to check and readjust the tube.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Need to replace this 2011 washer fluid tank. Pour water in, leaks right out. Can’t get to it without taking front clip off. I’m stuck with living with it or a dealer fix. Any other thoughts. VJB
I had the same issue of windshield wash fluid leaking right out! ordered the replacement reservoir from Amazon and one day decided to tackle this project after researching on the web and yes, as you’ve mentioned it does require the removal of front bumper cover but instead I went another shortcut route.
One day during front passenger side wheel replacement I removed the inner splash guard that lies right behind the reservoir and during inspection of the reservoir a new discovery! culprit was the lose pump fitting or tubing attaches to the fitting (can’t remember the exact one) but surely wasn’t the reservoir.
Felt much relieved and rolled my already rolled sleeves further and reconnected the lose piece.
Refilled the reservoir with water first to be confirmed and tada!! No more Leak! 😜

·
Registered
34 Posts
I had a similar issue, had the dealership replace the tank but it was quite expensive, around $200 with labor.

·
Registered
2 Posts
For full access you should pull the bumper cover but if it's leaking from where the hoses connect to it (front bottom of the tank) or just cracked you can undo the front part of the wheel well fender 192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1 liner plastic and see if you can fix it that way. If you want to do it cheap let it all leak out, wipe it down with some isopropyl then Hondabond/RTV sealant/JB weld, might not last forever though.
that's what a mechanic will do , I take mine to a garage every now and then

·
Registered
23 Posts
Terrible design. The hoses won’t stay attached on mine, so I used a couple zip ties. I also accessed it through the passenger fenderwell and removed the foglight plastic inserts (for lack of a better description). Mine is a 2011. Good luck…cheap fix, save for the 2 gallons of l:)
Tom

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For full access you should pull the bumper cover but if it's leaking from where the hoses connect to it (front bottom of the tank) or just cracked you can undo the front part of the wheel well fender liner plastic and see if you can fix it that way. If you want to do it cheap let it all leak out, wipe it down with some isopropyl then Hondabond/RTV sealant/JB weld, might not last forever though.
I tried to remove body clips and realized I broke a couple. Thinking I let dealership do it, if it doesn’t cost me a mortgage payment. I had also planned to take it to a dealer for a 60k service. It has 55,000 miles. They would “own it” from then forward. Have not done it yet. ThAnn’s for your respons.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
I tried to remove body clips and realized I broke a couple. Thinking I let dealership do it, if it doesn’t cost me a mortgage payment. I had also planned to take it to a dealer for a 60k service. It has 55,000 miles. They would “own it” from then forward. Have not done it yet. ThAnn’s for your respons.
You can get those clips cheap from third party sources, there's a link around here somewhere I think Litz and some other members had them. And Zero299 posted above about also going in via the fender liner/"splash shield".

1 - 9 of 9 Posts