Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought it might be useful to have a thread for all those who are wondering if they can use their Windows Mobile phones with their new factory navi's. So I will begin by posting my experience below.

I have an HTC windows phone (HTC Touch HD2, the same as the t-mobile version) and it has Windows Mobile 6.5. It runs a stock ROM on it and when I plug it into the usb cable it asks me what I would like to do, you simply choose the "Drive Transfer - Faster File Transfer" option, which is the middle of three options. Once I select that and press done I then select the audio button on the navi, and then the auxiliary option. You can now view and play any MP3's or WMA files on the micro sd card within the phone, as if it was a small hard drive of sorts.

It works well and it will pause when a call comes in and you can control and scroll through all your songs reasonably fast via the navi touch screen. It also shows the full song info, including song names and artists. I am not sure how this compares to the iPhone experience as I do not have one.

I would have to guess that the newer Windows 7 Mobile phones would also work in the same fashion, but if someone has tried any of that variety do tell.

· Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
P.S. One other cool feature with windows 6.5 phones, when you come back to your car after having it off the navi remembers the song and place you were at and continues to play. This also occurs even if you have unplugged the usb jack from your phone and re-plugged it in a day or two later, which I thought was smart.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.