Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had the Crz tinted today, Ritchie from Keep Cool did the job flawlessly. he has been doing my vehicles for 11 yrs. He also did my house ...he is the best around an will come to you( home or bussiness)He also did the dreaded rear window on my new corvette.This is the window that everyone whines about because of the curves and matrix dots ,,,,,he did it like it was childs play and is real reasonable with his prices.(remember this is all he does and he is good at it) his number is 407-366-1711

·
Registered
666 Posts
Souns good... I bet it looks GREAT! :thumbsup:

I've been going to "Brad" at Tint Spectrum here in Pensacola for years. He is doing my new CR-Z on Tuesday...I can't wait! He did my son's CR-Z 2 weeks ago. This will be the 12th vehicle I've had him tint. My whole family uses him. Plus, I like supporting the "little guy" as much as possible.

Post some pics!

·
Registered
262 Posts
So how much are you guys paying for your tint job? I was disappointed with a quote I got for $225! I don't understand that given that my daughter's Corolla was done for $150, yet the CR-Z should be much easier to do (lifting hatch, rear windows virtually nonexistant)! Maybe it has something to do with my having a third leg.....?

·
Registered
113 Posts
For some reason up here in Indiana our prices seem to be higher than just about any where else I have seen posted here. I got mine tinted by Brad at twoguystinting in Avon Indiana. I got Llumar CTX 30(great for gps, cell phone etc) on side windows quarter windows and back hatch. Did not do the lower rear as it matches the 30 pretty well, $200.00, and then did the windshield with Airblue 80 for $100.00. I felt his prices were great, especially using the higher quality film. He also offered to do the clear bra on hood & fenders for $200, but I decided to wait on that. His tint is all computer laser cut so it is a perfect fit. I highly recommend him to any one in central Indiana.

·
Registered
38 Posts
awptickes,
I don't mean to be a downer, but you need to take a ride into Baltimore County (Randallstown) and check out my boy Ron at Personal Touch Auto Detailing and Tinting. He and I went to high school together and has been tinting my vehicles for the past 15 years. He only charged me $100 (my price, but your's would only be like $150) to tint my new CR-Z. He does a great job and also gives a no questions asked warranty on all of his jobs. He tinted my 2008 C300 Mercedes Benz, I got a bubble in the back window two years later and he replaced the whole back window and there was no charge.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Awesome. I'll have to bring my brother down there. He's got a new Fit and needs to get it tinted.

I knew I was paying a lot, but I didn't have time to drive into the city (more competition always lowers price) and I wanted it tinted that day. I could have gotten a better deal if I shopped around, but I really didn't care.

The place I went was D&L tinting. I got the very best film they sold and they took very good care of my CR-Z. When I came back for some contamination on the driver's side window, they replaced it in about 30 minutes. There was a wrinkle that developed in the rear window of my old Fit, and when I took it back, they spent about 15 minutes trying to fix it, and eventually cut more film and replaced it.

All that said and done, paying less than half sounds a lot better. :D

·
Registered
39 Posts
Had my CRZ tinted last month with Formula-One Pinnacle Series. This is a ceramic tint that allows signal enabling devices to function with NO issues. LOVE THE LOOK and the FUNCTION! Matched back hatch window to smaller split window darkness and did the same to small side windows. Put almost California legal in driver and passenger window with shop's guarantee if I'm ticketed they will take care of me.

Rocky Mountain Windowtint / Livermore, CA
Ask for Matt

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
deffinetly will have him do that, thanks for the number for him. First of the many things i might do to the crz. You wouldnt happen to be tuner savy would you lol. Im looking for a tuner friend in Orlando now
Sorry i don't know much about tuning these cars, i wouldn't mind a cold air induction and a little louder exhaust,not stupid loud just a lil rumble.I honestly don't know how much more power u can squeeze out of the lil 1.5 liter motor....let me know if u find somebody.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I'm looking at getting 28% front and 15% rear and back, and Orlando Flying Window Tint quoted me $139. I'm not sure if I want to use a mobile tinting place due to the risk of debris. I'm a lot more comfortable with a place with a closed garage. And from what people have said online, it sounds like the place actually honors their warranty! I'm thinking I might get it done next weekend. We'll have to see.

Their most recent blog post is a black CR-Z. Looks good with tinting! New Honda CRZ like the old school CRX « Flying Window Tinting

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.