Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone think there will be a si crz? cause i would hate to go out buy the ex only to have a si come out a year latter ya know?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah i know, the shop that sponsors me is paning on prototyping a few parts like intakes and a turbo kit, i waiting o see whats up with hasport for a k swap kit then im shure we can make a turbo kit for a k swaped crz and have a very awesome lil street car

·
Registered
122 Posts
The original CRX debuted in 1984, but the SI didn't arrive until the 1985 model year.

So, I believe a SI is a possiblity at some point. It may depend on what the All-New 2011 Civic specs look like.

After some research yesterday it turns out the CR-Z, Insight, Fit(?), and European Civic all share the same "global small car platform." I predict North America will get a 2011 Civic very similar to the current European Civic based on that platform (simlarly, the 1984 CRX was based on the Civic platform of that time). If that turns out to be true, then no I do not think we will see a CRZ SI, because the Civic SI would be too similar of a platform for it to make sense.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The original CRX debuted in 1984, but the SI didn't arrive until the 1985 model year.

So, I believe a SI is a possiblity at some point. It may depend on what the All-New 2011 Civic specs look like.

After some research yesterday it turns out the CR-Z, Insight, Fit(?), and European Civic all share the same "global small car platform." I predict North America will get a 2011 Civic very similar to the current European Civic based on that platform (simlarly, the 1984 CRX was based on the Civic platform of that time). If that turns out to be true, then no I do not think we will see a CRZ SI, because the Civic SI would be too similar of a platform for it to make sense.
They had a Civic Si AND a CRX Si back in the day.. so heres hoping. I'm wondering if the CR-Z sales would only take off if an Si model was released for 2012.

·
Registered
122 Posts
They had a Civic Si AND a CRX Si back in the day.. so heres hoping. I'm wondering if the CR-Z sales would only take off if an Si model was released for 2012.
That's true. Same Chassis and same drivetrain, but the Civic had the back seat for practicality... So yes, good point, they have successfully coexisted before.

I still think a CRZ SI is a possibility for the Summer 2010 (2011 Model Year). They seem to always release pricing along with any updates to trim levels and options around July, and then release the new cars around August/September. I have a feeling with the release of the redesigned 2011 Civic that Honda may choose to wait to announce a CRZ SI until the entire lineup is revealed.

Also, it seems that the CR-Z site on Honda's homepage is a tool being used to gain additional feedback based on the NAIAS release. Read the first couple articles closely, and you will see what I mean. They may be trying to get a feel for the market from people who care enough to go to Honda's site and voice their opinions.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I hope there will be a CRZ SI but without an announcement soon (next 3-5 months) I just don't think it will happen. I don't trust Honda enough to go back and release another new model on the CR-Z from what they already will have

·
Registered
13 Posts
i for one DO NOT think there will be an Si-spec (or equivalent) CR-Z because this car is being released as a Hybrid-ONLY vehicle, much like the Insight... I will not hold my breath in expectation of the CR-Z Si variant...
Agreed. An SI edition with some 17"s or 18"s, and a tastefull/non-ricer aero kit would be nice for the car's image.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i for one DO NOT think there will be an Si-spec (or equivalent) CR-Z because this car is being released as a Hybrid-ONLY vehicle, much like the Insight... I will not hold my breath in expectation of the CR-Z Si variant...
would be nice if they bumped up the power of the gasoline powerplant on it.

And yes telecaster, I believe a nice aero kit would be a great addition, but as pricing goes from Honda, it can get quite expensive sometimes, but the fit and finish cannot be argued with.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.