1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a lot of pretty mod CRZs here.
Really like to try it.
But, I searched online.
I found cop likes to pull over the mod car and gives the ticket.
Is it true?

and a lot of prohibit rules in NJ.
New Jersey Lift Laws | Vehicle Modification Rules

I really dream of the noblesse rear diffuser and center exit exhaust system.
And I cannot find DIY for changing exhaust pipe.
Is it easy DIY? do I need extra tool?

·
Premium Member
3,097 Posts
Yes it will make you more attractive law enforcement. Since I got the CRX, which is bone stock, I have been followed and even had one cop violate 4 different traffic laws just to change direction and catch up to me only to find that it was an old geezer driving. I know CRX's are a ricers dream and find it hilarious how law enforcement starts to slobber when they see my car only to be disappointed when they see me driving.

The point is, when a cop sees a car (especially a Honda) with wings, fairings, loud exhaust, tinted glass, rims and tires and fancy paint or graphics they instantly think "ricer teenager" and know they are an easy target for a ticket do to driver inexperience and ignorance.

The most I will ever do is window tint and maybe rims and tires and if I'm feeling really nutty maybe a cat back exhaust.

·
Registered
803 Posts
I was pulled over going the speed limit from Austin to Houston. For not having my front plate attached. I was on my way to an interview, and got my plates the day before. But they will pull you over for anything.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Well, general rule of thumb is...

Don't act like an idiot. The people with the cars that can do 200 MPH don't go flying through traffic (for a reason), so why should a 120 hp Honda?

And as for legality, read your states laws online, and get in the know. Don't be ignorant.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I think the car in general attracts the police probably the same way it attracts regular people. I've been pulled over twice since I had the CR-Z. First was a picky red light infraction that I did in fact commit. Second time I was going 32 in a 30 coasting down a hill. Cop said I was going 43...somehow I didn't get a ticket maybe because of the shock that had to be on my face because I knew I wasn't going that fast. On top of those 2 I've been trailed by them a few times too.

In comparison in my previous 2 Accords I haven't been pulled over in 10 years...!

·
Premium Member
3,097 Posts
This is one it scares me.
RE: Car Modifications

A lot of cops seem not like mod car.
"Bully" (how appropriate), is the perfect example of the typical California law enforcement. Although I agree with his assessment of street racing he goes on with his goose stepping Nazi attitude with the tone of enjoyment of harassing people even for just for having a sticker of an aftermarket manufacture sticker on a car.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Hey, at the end of the day, look at what cops make, and their place in greater society...
and just smile that you're way higher on the social economic scale.

About the below, I know for myself, most everyone I know including family, we've never once been helped by police.. only harassed.
To protect and serve died about 30 years ago... Now they seem to think EVERYONE is a criminal, and they're just looking at you waiting for you to make a mistake. That's NOT helping society.
If you ever do need their help, they wont.. Robbed, don't care.. Car stolen, Don't care..

A friend of mine.. Robbed... Cops come to his house to check it out.. and end up busting my friends girlfriend for having some weed.. Wow.. that chick smoking weed at home is sure worse for society than the criminal robbers they decided to leave on the streets.

·
Registered
886 Posts
I think the point I'm sort of going for is that 99% of them are lazy humans..
If they can make their dime by busting some middle class kids in their cars, or for smoking weed, they're sure to do that before chasing real criminals.
And from reading that thread on the cop forum, it looks like they're trained that way.. Just looking for small infringements by middle class people.. just to make a buck.

·
Premium Member
3,097 Posts
^ not all of them are bad and they have an important job. its just the ones who got their lunch money taken at school who grow up to be d-bags as revenge..
Right now law enforcement in California is in a frenzy because of the lack of funds. They are writing every ticket they can to bring in revenue.

Like I said earlier, when I was driving the CRX I had a cop violate four different traffic laws to get his "ricer" and I loved the look on his face we saw me, an old geezer, behind the wheel. I honestly could read his lips of "dammit" as he sharply nodded his head and then he sped off, did and illegal "U" turn across a double yellow with out lights or siren on in traffic and ran a stop sign to continue on his way to go back on the hunt.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.