Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to pick up lunch, was in and out within 7 minutes and this is what I came back to! Person who hit it was nowhere to be found, no information was left behind, and none of the businesses have camera's on that side of the lot. S.O.L Insurance claim filed no police report though. It was on private property, no witnesses, no point. Kinda upset but I feel more violated. I would have left my info but I guess people suck these days. :angry:
Before:

After

·
Registered
675 Posts
shizz. maybe you can pop it out.

·
Registered
119 Posts
That happened on a car I owned a very long time ago. I took the bumper off and ran some very hot water on the inside and popped it out with no damage. Or you can call your insurance company and get a new one. Is the paint cracked?

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
seeing threads like this makes me honestly believe that there is no decent human beings left in this world.

I had the same thing on a past car, Basically the shop would have put the bumper into a large oven, and pushed out the damage, then prepped and repainted had the process gone as planned.

Its not a good deal though, I would just look for a replacement, go through insurance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sorry to see that happen to such a beautiful car. Well, I used to work at a body shop, and what we did in those situations is we would just put a hair dryer on it. Keep it at least a foot away and don't leave it in one specific spot (don't wanna burn the paint). When the plastic bumper gets all nice and warm, you can just push it out from the other side, and boom. It's fixed (except for the actual scrapes on the paint finish). Hope my info helps.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you all for the sympathies, seriously.

To follow up a little...yes the paint is cracked and the scratches are pretty deep. The diffuser took a little bit of the impact but looks to be re-usable. Will let you know what the body shop says. I expect an adjuster to be out today/tomorrow and should have an update in a few days.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
This, imo, just shows exactly how jealous people can be. I guarantee that was done on purpose. Maybe not consciously, but subconsciously. :(

sooner you pop that out the better. do it on a warm day but soon. if that fails, new paint/body is your only option.
0.0 has it right. It should pop right out. The water based paint that Honda uses is pretty flexible, so you're in luck w/ that fact.

I'd remove the rear bumper and come at it from the inside. Warm it up with a hair dryer or something. Start on the inside then hit the outside a bit. Be careful not to scar the paint! Once it's warm it should pop out w/ ease.

But, insurance might just write the bumper off and put a new one on. That's what happened w/ mine, and the bumper had even less damage.

Good luck

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.