Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was using mcguires(sp) plastic and rubber cleaner/protectant and I can't seem to get the armrest clean. I'm worried about using too much product on it as I don't want a buildup of Goo or stuff in there. I assume it is just a plastic but it seems very difficult to clean. I was thinking of using an old brush or something instead of microfiber towels. Can anyone recommend a product and method for cleaning it?

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
So I was using mcguires(sp) plastic and rubber cleaner/protectant and I can't seem to get the armrest clean. I'm worried about using too much product on it as I don't want a buildup of Goo or stuff in there. I assume it is just a plastic but it seems very difficult to clean. I was thinking of using an old brush or something instead of microfiber towels. Can anyone recommend a product and method for cleaning it?
I have been using this... and it gets everything off so far....
Amazon.com: Meguiar's G14512 Ultimate Protectant - 12 oz.: Automotive: Reviews, Prices & more

what is the exact product you are using, and what is it that is on the armrest?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes I am referring to the door armrest. I haven't gotten anything on it but the dealers did a bad job detailing the inside and it seems like a few spots on the armrest are cleaner/dirtier then the others. It's hard to explain and the thing that i think is the issue is the porous nature or holes in the material. It seems like a drop of cleaning solvent hit one area and then was not spread around enough or something. I figure someone must have figured out a good way to clean these things or have had the same issues.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
Yes I am referring to the door armrest. I haven't gotten anything on it but the dealers did a bad job detailing the inside and it seems like a few spots on the armrest are cleaner/dirtier then the others. It's hard to explain and the thing that i think is the issue is the porous nature or holes in the material. It seems like a drop of cleaning solvent hit one area and then was not spread around enough or something. I figure someone must have figured out a good way to clean these things or have had the same issues.
I would talk to the dealer... if they messed it up, let them fix it!

If it is solvent, then it is probably actually damaged (faded / bleached) and you wont be able to get the stain out because it has become an integral part of the material.

the more you try to clean it.. the more they will say it is your fault.....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I guess whatever it was is off now. I guess it just had to dry properly as it seems some of the plastic was more saturated then other parts with the cleaning solvent. It was very disconcerting at initial inspection. Still seems like for the material there would be a better was to clean it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.