Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this post might stir up a hornets nest, but I have to ask. Why is there so many CR-Z owners taking about the speed of their CR-Z?? The CR-Z is slow and with 122hp it just about gets out of it's own way. We all purchased this car for various reasons, and the last thought on my mind when I bought mine was how fast it is.
As a former owner of a 450hp supercharged V8, the CR-Z does not even come close to being "fast" So please my fellow CR-Z owners, stop saying it's fast.
It's "fun" and it's small, and it saves alot of money on gas, and so far I can't compare it to anything on the road.

Enjoy your little car, and accept it for what it is, a hybrid/sport/fun/one of a kind car.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
As a former owner of a 450hp supercharged V8, the CR-Z does not even come close to being "fast" So please my fellow CR-Z owners, stop saying it's fast.
It's "fun" and it's small, and it saves alot of money on gas, and so far I can't compare it to anything on the road.
Typical comments from most muscle car owners...

someone get out the ruler so we can all measure our...

·
Registered
68 Posts
Wow! The negative follow up comments in this thread are surprising.

The original poster actually praised the car for what it is and he suggests not to point too much attention on CR-Zs speed since it's not the selling point of this car. He drives a CR-Z, not a muscle car!!

It's a general discussion forum and it's his opinion on our car. What's the big deal with you guys?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Wow! The negative follow up comments in this thread are surprising.

The original poster actually praised the car for what it is and he suggests not to point too much attention on CR-Zs speed since it's not the selling point of this car. He drives a CR-Z, not a muscle car!!

It's a general discussion forum and it's his opinion on our car. What's the big deal with you guys?
The thread is extremely general, the owner has no definite opinion, and the comments are barely negative. :pP:

·
Registered
298 Posts
The CR-Z is pretty fast when compared to other cars in its class.

"Fast" isn't exactly the word I'd use, though. It's nimble, responsive, and gets up to highway speed with more ease than any other small, efficient car I test drove.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I refer to it as "Pretty Quick", its on par with my 86 Firebird, and its fast for a hybrid, fast for a commuter, fast off the line, etc. Not fast compared to a vette but not comparable price range either.
So yes, I will enjoy my car, thank you, and No, I will not stop referring to it as fast/quick.

·
Registered
12 Posts
It may not be as fast as a V8 Muscle car, but it does not piss its pants every time it sees a corner either unlike any muscle car. The CRZ is a quick car compared to most every day cars and certainly returns way more SMILES per GALLON than anything else out there in its class.

Speed is all relative ... comparing a nippy jap car to a V8 yank tank is apples and oranges.

I enjoy the looks on peoples faces when almost everyone ive seen totally underestimates the CRZ because of that Hybrid badge on the back, nothing is as satisfying as the look you get when you give it the beans they were not expecting.

·
Registered
886 Posts
It's the fastest car I've owned.. And for having a smaller engine than any other car I've owned, that says a lot for modern engineering.
And I think the OP answered his own question.. last line says to accept the car for what it is.. The word SPORT was in that list of what it is.. hence, we think of how fast it can go.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Is that it? :p My little V6 makes more than that!

As far as the CR-Z goes, I'll absolutely agree with you in that it is not fast, though I will argue that it is extremely fun to drive, likes to rev to it's mediocre red-line and is a very capable chassis once you get the made-of-wood factory rubber off of there and put something respectable on it. As a bonus, you get pretty decent gas mileage, it looks great and the interior is very well put together. It doesn't have any real competition yet until the Prius 2-seater goes on sale, so no, there's not a whole lot to compare it to. Guess that makes it "best in class". :p

·
Registered
807 Posts
I agree with the OP - it's not a fast car nor is it supposed to be.

But it sure is fun!

·
Registered
177 Posts
I'm not exactly sure what the OP was referring to, but there have been a couple threads in here in the past week about how "fast" they've driven their Z's.

Some of these knuckleheads have bragged about going over 100mph. So maybe he's commmenting on that!:dunno:

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
^ looks like OP has a semi successful thread going here... :blush:

But for the OP, probably would of been better to state your opinion on the thread(s) that you were talking about speed instead of starting a new one. Probably would of proved more interesting..
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Not everyone has owned a fast car, thus the discrepancy in what "fast" is. I too own a "fast car" and have had many over the years. It is a bit funny to hear comments that the CRZ is quick. I think we can all agree that it is not a "fast" car but the illusion of being fast is there. It's light, handles relatively tight, and has a 0-30mph decent get up and go. So stop light to stop light or even on the freeway this car feels pretty good and doesn't lack in maneuverablility. I never feel like I can't zip in and out of traffic with ease, thanks to sport mode. It's all relative to driver experience, I think we can all agree that this is one fun car to "zip" around in....plus it looks really cool.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.