Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,842 Posts
Really?? So sorry. I have never seen any on the films! That would be my biggest problem, driving on the 'wrong' side of the road. We give way to traffic on the roundabout. Some countries do the opposite!!.
Anyway, enjoy the variable modes. I do :)
I actually have what you might call a roundabout in my little town, except I'd call it an anti-roundabout, since it's not big enough for a smooth flow of traffic AND the signs leading into it say yield to the right, which means you can go into the intersection/roundabout, but have to yield to the traffic coming across your path as they come in to the mess of gridlock.

Since it's the only one I've seen that operates that way, confusion ensues for the lower IQ locals and out of towners as well. LOL

·
Registered
123 Posts
Yeah, I'm with Litz; we have roundabouts here, but maybe Americans are more confused on how they operate. It's a stereotype by now that USA drivers tend to be the most lazy/worst drivers, but I admit that I get a brainfart too when it comes to yielding, entering, and exiting into the roundabout. I'm always paranoid if I'm doing it wrong or if someone else is the one in error, particularly since these are two-lane roundabouts.

·
Registered
128 Posts
:) Thought so .....pleeeeew to Fedidj :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
I drive almost exclusively in normal mode, rarely using sport and almost never econ. Why? Because normal just feels the most natural, accelerator pedal is linear, when I press half of it then I have half of the power. It just feels the most comfortable for daily driving. Econ lacks power for the 80% of the pedal and then it gives all of the power almost instantly, it just feels weird. Also steering wheel assist works harder in normal and econ than in sport = better comfort for daily driving.

·
Registered
2014 CR-Z, Base, CVT
29 Posts
Most of my driving is done in normal mode. I use eco when I'm low on gas or when I'm with someone like my mother (whose quite nervous). I don't like the fact that sport mode holds the revs quite high when you're cruising. Normal mode provides easy acceleration but drops the revs lower when cruising, reducing noise and fuel consumption. Eco just limits acceleration way too much for my liking, and makes it difficult to keep up with traffic. Plus, it's makes the Auto Stop system far more aggressive, killing the engine for longer periods of time and letting the temperature fluctuate much more. Sometimes in the Florida sun im not in the mood to sweat.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts