Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
I think that that's a smart way to think, and I wish more people thought like that. Most people don't need a pickup truck as a daily. They're useful, for sure, but 95% of the pickup trucks you see on the road are completely empty (or full of junk).
I think that the CR-Z makes a fantastic daily car. Very fun, but still reasonably practical. There's no need to haul an empty bed and 4 empty seats.
yea, that equation will change when a good EV pickup hits the market. Basically all of the usability of a pickup without all the major drawbacks that come with daily driving a pickup - keep the size issues though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got my 2013 CR-Z after my daughter totaled my 2009 Honda Civic EX during the Summer of 2018. She came through the accident with only minor bruises while the the Civic was smushed. I initially tried to find another Civic, but noticed a small number of CR-Z's within about a 100 miles or so of where I live. I liked the idea of a hybrid because I have a nice backroads commute of about 20 miles to work. As it turned out, this has been a major positive as I get at least 40 miles to the gallon on my commute. And since I am on the backroads, I really get the chance to enjoy the handling of the car. The downside was two seats, but I was able to convince my wife that I so rarely took more than two people anywhere that we could live with it. It helped that she just got a new 2018 Honda CR-V. So far two seats has rarely been an issue, especially since we purchased an old Fit last summer for the kids to drive. II now keep the CR-Z in the garage at the house my family owns next to mine. If it is raining, then I drive the Fit. I ended up traveling from Central Virginia to Maryland to buy the car from a major Toyota dealer. The car had been in stock for a while so they really wanted to move it. I got a pretty good deal in the end. My CR-Z is a red 2013 EX. I had to buy a CVT because my kids don't know how to drive a manual. When I purchased the car, it had a bit less than 46000 miles. And even though it had two previous owners, my CR-Z was and still is in great shape. In fact, it has been a joy to own.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts