Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just became the first to put a deposit down with my dealer, so hoping that my delivery slot #1... matches up with a 6sp manual in Silver or Red.

I told the dealer that I thought they might be coming in September, but they said "may be much sooner than that" -- yah mon, can't wait :thumbsup:.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I was at the Columbus Auto Show today, and they didn't have a CR-Z there. The person from one of the local dealerships I spoke to made it sound like June was when they're expecting them.

I'll be depositing soon.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
I put down $250.

My dealer does a "plain and simple" price system where the sell cars at a flat rate below MSRP. Insight has been $19,3XX since release. I think they'll probably be able to offer a good price on a CR-Z EX non Navi.

I want 6-speed either orange or white. Kinda of two whole ball park colors but I like them both. I'll decide wether I really want this car or not after a test drive.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I was at the Columbus Auto Show today, and they didn't have a CR-Z there. The person from one of the local dealerships I spoke to made it sound like June was when they're expecting them.

I'll be depositing soon.

I'm also in Columbus! Sent you a msg about this.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
honda doesnt take deposits, it goes in the dealers pocket, who has no say when or whats coming to him. he may try to dealer trade, but in real terms you are being taken advantage of.
If you barge in and say I want a CRZ in this color, at this price, and you'll deal or I walk....

They'll let you walk. If this car is anywhere near as popular as people suggest combined with the low US bound volume then there is no reason for dealers to haggle with you. Try walking into a VW dealer and say you'll take a TDI today for 2K off the sticker price.

If a dealer has your money they have a little more incentive to try and get you exactly what you want.

·
Registered
66 Posts
If a dealer has your money they have a little more incentive to try and get you exactly what you want.
Or take complete advantage of you. Putting money down on a car that hasn't been released yet just drives up the sales price (I'm not talking about the sticker price). There will be dealers that will hold to sticker, but there will also be many dealers that add a premium to the sticker. The law of supply and demand, a law that the dealers understand very well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.