Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i have a 2011 Honda crz MT with the hybrid racing short shifter. Lately I've been noticing something very strange. so when idling and going in first gear, it makes this terrible whine. and i can feel it too, the clutch doesn't slip, it shifts amazing. but from idle and first it sounds terrible. but now I'm starting to hear it when i slow down in any gear. the transmission fluid has already been changed. I'm at a loss. anyone ever had this problem and solved it? I've had no codes or any kind of electrical issues

· Registered
1 Posts
I have a 6MT with 138k on it. I recently hadto replace 3 bearings, two secondaries and the main input shaft on the transmission. As well as a clutch, throw-out bearing, flywheel resurfaced.

I used to have a "whine" untill the transmission was repaired.

That said, the whine slowly, over the course of a year, got progressively louder. Eventually the whine was accompanied by a "clacking sound." That clacking is the inner bearing keeper on the main input shaft. It's a guide that is pressed over the actual ball bearings to hold them against the race. It's a slapping sound of the bearings, back and fourth, just a little bit. It got loud enough, like say 3 weeks of 100 mile commute, that I parked it, got a rental, and dropped the car off at the transmission shop. Expensive and bothersome, to say the least.

The data for this issue is here on this forum as per the other Honda's are not entirely the same.

Hope that helps.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts