Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
CR-Z 2010
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to install hard wiring for dash cam with parking mode which fuse slot I can use it ? thanks

·
Registered
2012 Sport / manual / NSBP
151 Posts
Get a multimeter and find an empty slot which gives power when the car is off. If you don't have a multimeter I can do it for you later because I'm at work now.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Do you want the cam power to shut off when you turn the key off and open the door? Or do you want it to stay powered on to use the cameras parking mode?

Check this thread:

I personally use #41 for my camera and #19 for heated seats.

·
Registered
CR-Z 2010
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I want to use it for parking mode . I will try with #41. Thanks a lot (y)(y)

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
I want to use it for parking mode . I will try with #41. Thanks a lot (y)(y)
Good stuff!! Yeah that is how I use mine as well. Good luck! I will say that my camera has drained my battery pretty good a few times leaving it sitting. You may want to upgrade to a larger 51R battery instead of the stock 151R 12v battery. Or, get a dash cam backup battery.

·
Super Moderator
5,941 Posts
Blackview makes a battery pack (https://blackvue.com/product/b-112/) that goes between the camera and your accessory port(or hard wired) and it charges the battery while car is on and provides parking mode when car is off. You can also add a charge guard (Amazon.com: Havis Chargeguard-Select CG-X 12V Negative Ground Timer Switch: Automotive) to your under hood battery which will disconnect it before the under hood is dead ( public safety vehicles use them when they are on scenes and running lights for a long time so the vehicle always starts) and when it disconnects you hit a switch under the hood and it reconnects.

·
Registered
CR-Z 2010
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good stuff!! Yeah that is how I use mine as well. Good luck! I will say that my camera has drained my battery pretty good a few times leaving it sitting. You may want to upgrade to a larger 51R battery instead of the stock 151R 12v battery. Or, get a dash cam backup battery.
Ya even am worrying about battery drainage. Also backup battery pack is quit expensive as well. Let's see

·
Registered
CR-Z 2010
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Blackview makes a battery pack (https://blackvue.com/product/b-112/) that goes between the camera and your accessory port(or hard wired) and it charges the battery while car is on and provides parking mode when car is off. You can also add a charge guard (Amazon.com: Havis Chargeguard-Select CG-X 12V Negative Ground Timer Switch: Automotive) to your under hood battery which will disconnect it before the under hood is dead ( public safety vehicles use them when they are on scenes and running lights for a long time so the vehicle always starts) and when it disconnects you hit a switch under the hood and it reconnects.
I will consider charge guard as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts