Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2014, Honda, CR-Z
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys. I'm new to the forum.

I'm from South Africa and I can't seem to find front shocks at any parts dealer in the country. I'm going to have to order it online and have it shipped here but I can't find it on Amazon. The CR-Z is extremely rare over here therefore nobody seems to stock any parts for it.

Do you guys perhaps have any links or suggestions that could help me?

Model : 2014 CR-Z

Thanks.

·
Registered
2014, Honda, CR-Z
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are yours failed? They should last many hundreds of thousands of miles. RockAuto (they ship internationally) or another source is Honda CR-Z Performance Auto Parts | KamiSpeed.com. All years used the same shocks and struts .
I went to a nearby tyre replacement centre and they said that the front shocks/struts need replacing. Showed me on their monitor. I wasn't aware until today that the CR-Z has front struts and not shocks. Thanks for the reply, I found the struts on RockAuto.

·
Administrator
7,871 Posts
Common scam. I would have gotten a second opinion. They should last at least 100K miles both the struts and shocks. If they said shocks and it has struts then that makes it more suspicious. Since it will be apart you may want to replace other parts in the suspension. On my previous car I got fully assembled strut units and they cost less than just the struts alone and were easy for my shop to install.

I went to a nearby tyre replacement centre and they said that the front shocks/struts need replacing. Showed me on their monitor. I wasn't aware until today that the CR-Z has front struts and not shocks. Thanks for the reply, I found the struts on RockAuto.

·
Registered
2014, Honda, CR-Z
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Common scam. I would have gotten a second opinion. They should last at least 100K miles both the struts and shocks. If they said shocks and it has struts then that makes it more suspicious. Since it will be apart you may want to replace other parts in the suspension. On my previous car I got fully assembled strut units and they cost less than just the struts alone and were easy for my shop to install.
I do have a little vibration at higher speeds on the highway that wasn't there previously. Does this confirm that I probably need new struts?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts