Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard alot of discussion about what is RICE. Mostly what I have been seeing it if it doesn't do anything performance wise it is RICE. Then what about wheels. I understand 19 or 20 inch wheels is not only RICE it is PIMP. But what about wheels that are 16-18, does it have to do with color look or still just performance.

Big Hurt

PS: Apologies to the moderator if this is in the wrong place. Also, I searched the forum and didn't see anything regarding this aspect. Once again apologies if there is one.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
IMO, if your car is rediculous, 90% of the time its rice. If your wheels have plastic nick nack fake 2 piece rim bolt heads, chromed plastic lug nut covers, and curves and dips that dont match the flow of the car at all. They are probably rice.

Just keep it clean and simple. Having rims in general usually flashes up a car, you dont need super flashy rims that look like you're the clown car driver for the local travelling circus.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am not trying to look at getting rims. I already know what I want. I was just curious since there is so much talk about what is RICE I was just thinking what others thought and opinions regarding wheels.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Wheels are considered RICE the instant it's referred to as rims. ;)

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Definition:

RICER (and don't forget to check out Bryan's Rice-Boy Page ) Hilarious!

(Ricer: from the latin word Ricarius meaning to suck at everything you attempt)

A person who makes unecessary modifications to their most often import car (hence the term "rice") to make it (mostly make it look) faster. The most common modifications are (but not limited to):

- Huge exhaust that serves no purpose but to make the car louder
- Large spoiler on the back that looks like something Boeing made for the 747
- Lots of after-market company stickers they don't have parts from, but must be cool
- Expensive rims that usually cost more than the car itself
- Bodykit to make the car appear lower, usually accented with chicken wire
- Clear tail lights and corner signals
- A "performace intake"- a tube that feeds cold air to their engine usually located in areas of excessive heat (behind or on top of the engine)
- Most of these riced cars (a.k.a. rice rockets or rice burners) are imports; Honda Civics, Accords, Integras, CRXs, RSXs, Del Sols Mitsubishi Eclipses, Lancers, Subaru Imprezas, however there are some domestics such as Chevrolet Caviliers, Dodge Neons, Ford Focus; small, slow, economy cars designed specifically to go slow. Please note that some Supras, Skylines, WRX's and other higher performance imports are designed to go fast, and are therfore not always considered rice. It really depends on the severity of the case.

The "ricer" attempts to make their car "performance" by adding the modifications listed above. These ricers are not confined to any one ethnic group or color, however different ethnic groups are known for certain styles.
Honda Civics with big spoilers and 4" exhaust tips are considered to be ricers.

Urban Dictionary: ricer

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
"Ricarius" = That is a good piece of information. Did not even imagine ricer was at least, maybe in part derived, from it.

On the wheel specific question, any wheel over 18" (at least on a small car such as the CR-Z), one is definitely playing around with a ricer label. Would also apply to the style of the wheel. Stay 18" or under and keep a conservative stylish rim design and your OK.

And no drops over 1.25". Any daily driver car that has to go over speed bumbs sideways; the driver and car could be considered somewhat of an Ricarius.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Some of my favorites! from Bryan's Rice-Boy Page

Sitting behind these cool wheels are some nice cross drilled rotors... but where are the calipers? Sergio mentioned that they must be the new "HKS stealth type" calipers since you can't see them. Something smells fishy here...
"Besides," he said, "I've never seen a disc made out of sheet aluminum!!! The outer edges were folded inwards making it look as if it was 4mm thick, but a close inspection revealed that it was just 1.5mm thick!!"
I knew rice-boys liked to make people think their cars would go faster than other cars, but they also want people to think they stop faster too!

Now this "MUGEN" thing... well according to Sergio, who saw it in person, "it looked as if these were made out of 'stick on' self adhesive letters or something similar... He didn't even align them properly!!!! Gee, that looked cheap... I wonder where the famous 'R' is at??"

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
I'm smelling a future thread named The "Ricarius' and thier Ricers". I think CRaZee has not only expanded the vocabulary, but started something here.

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
Ricarius and the Ricers.. sounds like some Neo Techno Punk band! hahahah!
I'll bite

Ricarius and the Ricers
Dah dah – dah – dah
I’m a Ricarius – dah – doh – dah
I’m not fast, but I am furious – dee – doh – umm
The wind flies over my 10” Doh Spoiler at 10 miles and hour
I look so good , I don’t need no friggen power – dah – dah – dah
Looking good while going over speedbumps sideways
Is a talent only a few of us have now-a-days – doh – dah – so – fah
Yea, yea, yea I’m the Ricarius
Not so fast, but furious.
Don't I make you just a bit curious?
For a closer look at what is on the outside
Or do I make you want to go run and hide
Doh - Dah - Dee - Dah Yea, baby Yea, I'm the Ricarius

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Wheels are considered RICE the instant it's referred to as rims. ;)
You took the words out of my mouth! They're not rims. :rolleyes: They're ****ing wheels.

Also see: color, design, size.

It just depends. Use your better judgement.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
rims are considered Rice when they are Crazy heavy, bulky and Flashy with crazy patterns that don't fit the car. let me give you examples:

and to the person above. they are Rims... WHEELS are the combination of the Rims + Tires.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
^ nope. wheels are wheels (or rims), lol. tires are tires.

EDIT: once i get my wheels some of you may call me a ricer, but whatevs. I am really into custom finishes lately so i may end up with some crazy colored wheels either custom or mag blue / takata (unlikely) etc and im also going to try to fit something aggressive.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.