Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm still unsure about them...i dunno....i'm kinda leaning on selling them.seem kinda to busy for me after seeing them on the car..they are 18s however the tire size seems a little to big at 225/40...it seems like the tire sticks to far out and lowering it will make it rub like crazy...i should've gone 215/35 maybe...

·
Capt'n Jack
9,491 Posts
i'm still unsure about them...i dunno....i'm kinda leaning on selling them.seem kinda to busy for me after seeing them on the car..they are 18s however the tire size seems a little to big at 225/40...it seems like the tire sticks to far out and lowering it will make it rub like crazy...i should've gone 215/35 maybe...
Yea, pretty "busy". But still, how about some shots at different angles to we can better judge and provide hopefully constructive advise.

·
Capt'n Jack
9,491 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What is the rim offset and is there any rubbing anywherez. It should be pretty tight up front.
rim offset is 40 and 18x7.5.. it looks like it would rub even with a 1 inch drop...i've lowered every car i've owned and i would've been safe running 215/35/18 but i wanted a wider tire and some more sidewall for potholes...i see the h techs only lower .8 up front and .9 in back...this is the only spring that might work without rubbing....

·
Registered
980 Posts
I am waiting for the eibach coil overs to come out. I think they also have .8, I like eibach and have used their sport springs on other cars. I am thinking coil overs for my 1st time to balance out the weight for better handling. I really don't want to lower it at all.

You car is unique with those wheels. I like.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not 100% sold on them, but I'm leaning towards 'like'.
Yes a little on the busy side, but I like the contrast.

-Hoi
i saw a post you had somewhere about you going through tire sizes to see how they fit and if they rubbed....did you happen to try a 225/40? and if so, what drop do you have? i'm really curious, i'm trying to research springs, and i don't really want to change tires...

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
I didn't actually do 225/40. If I remember correctly I did a calc and it only gave me 5mm clearance on inside front to the wheel well and very little in back. But I had like a 2" drop. It might have worked but it was close and the 235/35 were the exact same size as the stock setup even with 18. I'm still really curious how the 225 setup would work out, so definitely let us know how it goes.

-Hoi

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
To the OP.....first i will say, if you like the wheels.....keep on truckin....ya heard!

I mean no disrespect so please dont take this the wrong way. In my opinion,
not only do those wheels fail to compliment your cr-z. Those wheels fail to compliment
any car in the world. I've seen them in all different sizes and on all types of cars.
Never have I thought they were a good idea. In the end though, It's your call
and your money.....good luck :thumbsup:

I am waiting for the eibach coil overs to come out. I think they also have .8, I like eibach and have used their sport springs on other cars. I am thinking coil overs for my 1st time to balance out the weight for better handling. I really don't want to lower it at all.
eibach coilovers are out i believe.....corsportusa has them listed for sale on the site...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.