Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. I'm a proud new owner of a PWP CR-Z EX and I just had some quick wheel questions. I was wondering if any of you have any good choices for a concave type wheel. I'm budget minded so I would probably not be down to pay for Volks or Works, but am willing to spend moderately if I have to. I would also like to stay with 17's, so I need a good offset for those that will make it look nice and flush without rubbing after a 2" drop. Thanks!

Looking for something kinda like this

Credit to whoever owns this CR-Z!

· Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheap concave would be xxr 522 or 527
recommended offset? also.. looking at the sizes, it mentions i'd have tire stretch. i know nothing about tire stretch. what are the cons of having stretch?

edit: nvm i just did some research. thanks. i'm getting the 527 in 17s

· Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
tons of cons when stretching tires, but u gotta do what u gotta do. 527's may have a little bit of wait time to get since it's such a new wheels still. contact nlmotoring since they're one of the largest suppliers of the wheels.
so with an 17x8.25 wheel, what size will fit on the CR-Z without rubbing?

· Registered
1,305 Posts
of the 2 offsets offered, i'd go with the +35.

u can refer to this thread for a similar sized wheel and discusion
http://www.crzforum.com/forum/wheels-tires-discussion/5386-18x8-5-33-fronts-no-go.html

you can also go to the fitment thread to see what people are running
http://www.crzforum.com/forum/wheels-tires-discussion/4808-cr-z-wheel-fitment-thread.html

on stock height you shouldn't run into very much problems, but with your suggested 2" drop, you can stretch your tires, roll your front fenders and you should be ok. i'm running a wider fitment and i'm about 2" lower than stock with fender work and i don't rub at all. i do scrape the bottom of my bumper though.

i'll try to take some updated pictures of my front fitment this weekend.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.