Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 340 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
cool thread... Stickied :popcorn:

the last 6 digits is the vehicle production number... i'm finding it interesting to see these low numbers considering all the CR-Z's are made in the same place...

this isn't my number but it was the number of the one i test drove in Hollywood, FL... 001964... being #1964 off the line seems like it makes more sense since these are identical to the Canadian versions and it's been out there a few weeks longer...

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
smfspeed - i'm not sure why you have an "8" there... double check and make sure it's like this... as far as i know, all the CR-Z's are made in the same plant and should have the same digit in that spot...

VIN# example:

JHMZF1D6XBS001234

J = Country Code - Japan
H = Make - Honda
M = Vehicle Type
ZF1 = Chassis Code
D6X = Trim/Features
B = Model Year
S = Production Plant
001234 = Sequence Number (Production Number)

·
Registered
693 Posts
My dealer has car number 2948.

I am wondering if this means that at least 2948 cars have been delivered to US and Canadian dealers already?

I think vin numbers for Asian and European markets are a separate sequence from those of the US and Canada.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
cool thread... Stickied :popcorn:

the last 6 digits is the vehicle production number... i'm finding it interesting to see these low numbers considering all the CR-Z's are made in the same place...

this isn't my number but it was the number of the one i test drove in Hollywood, FL... 001964... being #1964 off the line seems like it makes more sense since these are identical to the Canadian versions and it's been out there a few weeks longer...
could be true. The delearship told me the last 3 numbers. I think I had 2 zero's in front of it. I'll double check. But it's still interesting to see.

Mines Galaxy black pearl too

Wait, you got yours already? I thought you were waiting still...

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
could be true. The delearship told me the last 3 numbers. I think I had 2 zero's in front of it. I'll double check. But it's still interesting to see.

Mines Galaxy black pearl too

Wait, you got yours already? I thought you were waiting still...
it's the last 6 digits of the VIN#... that is the sequence it was made or in other words that is the order in which it went into production...

google how to decode a VIN# if you want or just read what i wrote a few posts above...

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
I think vin numbers for Asian and European markets are a separate sequence from those of the US and Canada.
to my knowledge VIN#'s are the same across the world... everyone uses the same sequence or at least something very similar... otherwise, how would someone import a car from Japan and register it here?

1 - 20 of 340 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.