Votes: 11 30.6%
  • Sport

Votes: 14 38.9%
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what's your mode? Normal or Sporty. I wont count Eco, cuz its just for straight line cruises. I've had the car for only 2 days. But I can tell you Sport is really the only way to really enjoy this car. I was playing with normal/eco for highway drives, but normal is still barely bareable for city driving. Sport is where it's at. Now, when they test drove the crz for mpg and got the 32/38 numbers, what mode was that? Also, anybody know what the avg mpg is when Sport is on. Yes I can go test it, but i've only had it for 2 days. I'd like to get other peoples experience so far. Thanks.

·
Registered
80 Posts
i have been ussing econ a lot to try and gage the economy of the car (as it was one of the main reasons to buy it) but i have found that if you don't drive in sport regularly it is like a different car and you have to re-adjust you throttle and clutch control or face over revving etc.

so in future i'll mix and match more often.

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
What's your mode

Mod: poll added

Good topic, added a poll to see what is the most used mode.

I use most ECO (now after 1000 km playing in normal and sport).

Reasons: In the week for work (no need for playing) and at the highways (in sport it's impossible to cruise at 130 km/h)
In the weekend on the other hand I use normal and sport. Then its just like you buyed 2 cars, 1 to drive to work and 1 to play with :)
You know that feeling after work at friday evening!!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Lexsum, I completely agree. It's alot harder to drive it if you go from sport to eco.

Trolling around town, I'm in sport. Highway, then def eco.

Which, i find it funny, but Eco doesn't charge the battery as well as sport. WTF Honda?

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
I'll use either sport or eco.

Since most of my driving will be highway cruising I'll have it mostly pegged in eco. Sport for the brief around town jaunts of highway ramps. I've never had a paddle shifting car before so being able to rev it in advance taking a turn sounds exciting!

·
Registered
232 Posts
...if you don't drive in sport regularly it is like a different car and you have to re-adjust you throttle and clutch control or face over revving etc.
Ha! So true! So far I've spent 90%+ in Eco as it's the week and I've only been commuting to work. This morning I decided to put it in Sport before leaving the stop light and getting on the freeway on-ramp. I over-revved getting into first so bad the guy in the car next to me yelled out "douche!" Probably thought I was trying to be a boy racer. :blush:

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
^yea. I know how that feels. *lol* I'm already getting the feeling like I did in the prelude. People feel im trying to race them when I'm driving aggresivly. Cuz the car does look sporty. Ohwell. At least it doenst have a mellon shooter on it and the exhaust isnt loud. Yes it does sound pretty good for stock exhaust and the engine size/type. That was honda's intent. But still.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Yeah, I love the sound of this car. It's relatively quiet on the outside, so as not to draw unwanted attention, yet has a good growl (especially for a hybrid) on the inside. I can enjoy the sporty sound without being too much of an extrovert.

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
I over-revved getting into first so bad the guy in the car next to me yelled out "douche!" Probably thought I was trying to be a boy racer. :blush:
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
Yeah, I love the sound of this car. It's relatively quiet on the outside, so as not to draw unwanted attention, yet has a good growl (especially for a hybrid) on the inside. I can enjoy the sporty sound without being too much of an extrovert.
If you drive slowly/normal it is indeed quiet, but if you hear that growling the people hear that too at the outside. Test it when you are parked ;)

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I did burn some front tries when I switched to Sport this morning. I'm still getting used to MT and the sudden change of throttle response is a bit advance for me. My car has 200 miles on it now. I hope the clutch is still fine.

·
Registered
175 Posts
The first change i did on my CR-Z was to modify the settings to keep the ECO mode when the ignition is off.
The motor specifications do not change, when you change the mode. So what? Just press down the pedal when you need more power (fully pressed pedal = full power in any mode).
The only thing missing in the ECO mode is the Sport mode's more direct response of the electronic power steering. This is the same in Normal and Eco mode. Honda should enable a setting to combine ECO with this steering characteristics.

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
The first change i did on my CR-Z was to modify the settings to keep the ECO mode when the ignition is off.
The motor specifications do not change, when you change the mode. So what? Just press down the pedal when you need more power (fully pressed pedal = full power in any mode).
The only thing missing in the ECO mode is the Sport mode's more direct response of the electronic power steering. This is the same in Normal and Eco mode. Honda should enable a setting to combine ECO with this steering characteristics.
you do get a full power so to speak in any mode... but Sport is the only mode that maximizes the power... i've seen graphs with the different modes and Sport is the only one that has a significant increase in power throughout the powerband...

·
Registered
33 Posts
hey, i've been using eco a fair bit to and from work (mostly motorway) Sports mode the rest of the time!, got 57 mpg on one trip, i love switching between eco and sport, thats the reason i bought it! used to have a mini cooper, had same performance but even on a good run mpg was in the low 30s. Now i can have fun and economy! Cant wait to see how HKS get on with supercharger, i'd def be up for that!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.