Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What will happen when IMA battery has no bar?
The car won't get into Auto-stop. In N (out of gear) while idle, engine will stay round 1200rpm to charge the battery. No motor assist until beyond 3 bars.

Attachments

·
Registered
249 Posts
What would cause it to get to a point of no bars?

·
Registered
249 Posts
On my test drive I was doing enough stop and go I never got it down more than 2 - 3 bars, and when I took the car out, it was already down 1 bar.

At what point, years?, does the battery get to a point where it has to be replaced?

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
The IMA stops giving assist at 3 bars but it still controls electronics. Usually it is hard to get it below 3 bars when driving because at 3 bars it will start to force regeneration. If youre stopped though there is no way for it to charge to it runs the battery down if youre using the radio etc...

As for how long the battery lasts, it should last years (like 7 - 8) and Honda has it warrantied for a similarly long period. Theres a thread on it

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
If youre stopped though there is no way for it to charge to it runs the battery down if youre using the radio etc...
Actually you can put the car in neutral or park (CVT) and hold the revs above 2000 and the car starts to charge the battery. I use this trick after each autoX run to get back up to full battery power between runs.

·
Registered
33 Posts
From my experience, the battery seems to charge a lot more often or quicker when driving in Sport Mode--and sucks the battery quicker on Econ mode. So in traffic when I'm down to one bar, the car won't go into Auto-Stop mode but I'll still switch to Sport and rev forward for a bit....then once it's charged up to 4 bars I'd switch back to Econ.

It makes me nervous when there's only 1 bar left. I turn off my stereo o_0

·
Registered
33 Posts
Actually you can put the car in neutral or park (CVT) and hold the revs above 2000 and the car starts to charge the battery. I use this trick after each autoX run to get back up to full battery power between runs.

What do you mean hold the revs above 2000? I'm not the sharpest bloke when it comes to technical terms. So I can put my car on Neutral, and then..... ?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.