Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
When I had the 215s they were mounted on 7 inch wide 5 spoke alloy wheels. The previous year I had the stock Dunlops mounted on those same wheels. There was a noticeable difference in the look, definitely more aggressive with the 215s. That would be compounded on the skinny 6 inch Honda wheels. I believe @litz may even be running a similar setup on one of his cars. The fuel mileage took a hit by at least 2mpg on the highway, but I still averaged in the upper 30s that year. Since i'm back on 195s my mileage is 40+. Around town it didn't have as much impact.
So the 215s could be mounted on the 6” wide factory rims I have now with no problems except slightly lower fuel milage?

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Not too good at using this site yet. Went to community search and got zilch so here goes. What are the best tires for the Z? I live in central Florida so no snow. I am looking for quiet and long lasting. I am a conservative driver. I think wider looks a bit better so if that is possible, great but quiet and long lasting is a must. Thanks.
I had two sets of Falken tires which are great and sticky, but they wear out before their rated 50k. I now have about 10k on a set of Continentals one size wider than what was recommended. Have a better ride but is easy to squeal upon moderate corners or quick pulls.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
When I had the 215s they were mounted on 7 inch wide 5 spoke alloy wheels. The previous year I had the stock Dunlops mounted on those same wheels. There was a noticeable difference in the look, definitely more aggressive with the 215s. That would be compounded on the skinny 6 inch Honda wheels. I believe @litz may even be running a similar setup on one of his cars. The fuel mileage took a hit by at least 2mpg on the highway, but I still averaged in the upper 30s that year. Since i'm back on 195s my mileage is 40+. Around town it didn't have as much impact.
I had two sets of Falken tires which are great and sticky, but they wear out before their rated 50k. I now have about 10k on a set of Continentals one size wider than what was recommended. Have a better ride but is easy to squeal upon moderate corners or quick pulls.
spdbump had said he was on his 2nd set of Pirelli Cinturato P7s. I have read many reviews since and they seem to be what I would go with. The car is a 2015 with 27,700 miles and the Honda dealer said the tires will need ti go soon. Dunlops and probably the originals. That aint many miles. I will wait till 30,000 and recheck. I am a passive driver so real sticky and high performance is good but in Florida roads are good 365. I want good tire milage and a quiet ride. My 2 must haves. All input is welcome if it suits you. Thank you all.

·
Registered
176 Posts
As wide as your can find and afford. And YES this would probably require new (and wider) wheels that OEM. Which gives you a great opportunity to upgrade the appearance. I had great driving experience with wide tires from Yokohoma but can not remember exact size. For that you will have to ask around at local Honda dealership service department to start.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts