Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my CR-Z since December. I only have 416 miles on it. At this time, the rear wiper doesn't work. The motor turns but the blade doesn't. When going in reverse, there is a loud pop coming from the rear, and when turning it sounds like something is rubbing on the right side. Also, the tires suck!! Just needed to vent.

Big Hurt:angry

·
Registered
618 Posts
Did you ever forget to scrape the rear window? If you scraped only the front and had your wipers on, the rear could have been damaged if the car was put into reverse. Since there are no defroster elements at the top of the hatch, it's an area that can ruin a wiper. Also, has the car been run through an automated car wash?

·
Premium Member
3,097 Posts
I have had my CR-Z since December. I only have 416 miles on it. At this time, the rear wiper doesn't work. The motor turns but the blade doesn't. When going in reverse, there is a loud pop coming from the rear, and when turning it sounds like something is rubbing on the right side. Also, the tires suck!! Just needed to vent.

Big Hurt:angry
Try owning a MINI!!! From 2500 miles on in the four years/ 42,000 miles I owned it, it was in the shop once a month and at it's peak it was 3X in one month!

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Try owning a MINI!!! From 2500 miles on in the four years/ 42,000 miles I owned it, it was in the shop once a month and at it's peak it was 3X in one month!
Yea.. that's why I didn't buy a Mini.. although I really wanted one. But the CR-Z is as fun to drive (if not quite as powerful as the S version I fell in love with!).... and definitely MUCH more reliable. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
143 Posts
When I went to pick my car up and they gave me the overview of all the controls, the rear wiper didn't move. It just sat there and twitched. A mechanic came out, tightened up the nut, and apologized for forgetting to do that. Might be worth checking otherwise the warranty sounds good.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Big Hurt...yeah the same thing that happened to dfried happened to me only I figured it out right before taking it back to the dealer. Look at the rear wiper and there is a small metal square at the base that can be popped off. This will allow you to get to the nut that is holding your wiper arm onto the base. tighten that nut up and your wiper will work fine. They should have used a locknut on it so that it will not work its way loose, but who am I to make suggestions to Honda on what type of hardware to use...:eek:fftopic:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Blizzaks.

I'll keep the stock tires til they wear out, and then replace them with good ones. Maybe bigger ones on custom rims or something. As for the other stuff, I understand. Yeah it is under warranty, but who feels like they should put their BRAND NEW car with 400 miles on it to the dealer to fix a bakers dozen problems in the first 2 weeks.

·
Premium Member
3,097 Posts
Tightened the nut on the wiper. Works great now. Guess this is something I will have to do periodically. Thanks for the info.

Big Hurt
It is possible- I don't know for sure, they might take the wiper off for shipping so it doesn't get damaged and just forgot to tighten it the nut back on when they put it back on. In any case you can go to any hardware store and get a self locking nut or use some blue 242 (NOT RED) Loctite and be done with it.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I want a hot hatch, and it has to be a 3-door
Your comment on the MINI is one I have heard over and over
I'm keeping my finger's crossed, I'm really hoping Honda will give us a powerful CR-Z in the next couple of years

Reactions: ZeusZore
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.