Votes: 13 24.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 2 3.8%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I find that because I commute often in traffic I switch modes quite a bit. On a lot of the forum posts people seem to prefer sport mode. I figured I'd try a poll to see what modes people actually use most on the forums. :popcorn:

1. Econ
  2. Normal
  3. Sport
  4. Undecided

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
I use normal around town, unless I need a little bit of passing power... then sport.

Usually Eco on the highway, except for passing (sport)

mountain roads... SPORT! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
56 Posts
I use Econ most, and sport occasionally depending on driving conditions/ mood.

Normal mode is kinda superfluous so the only time I'm in it is when I first start the car and haven't had the opportunity to switch out of it yet. Either I want to save fuel or I want to zoom zoom.

I'm guessing normal mode is for those either too apathetic to switch modes, or who are plagued with extraordinary indecisiveness? :think:

·
Registered
200 Posts
I've been comparing Normal and Econ in my around town driving the past couple weeks. I'm finding very little economy difference. However, when you get on a road that is relatively free of stoplights/stop signs I find Econ to be a good improvement.

So, I use Normal most. I like to save Sport for when I'm in that sport-driving mood :D

·
Registered
886 Posts
Econ mode seems dangerous to me! at least around here. (Midwest.. Land of people w/ attitude problems driving huge SUV's) Normal gives me the pickup I need at stop lights w/out getting the horn blast.
Econ mode... If I accelerate as slowly as it wants, I get the horn or the finger.. If I floor it, I might as well be in normal mode anyway.
I do turn it on, on the highway, or when behind a slow driver.
And, I do plant myself behind slow drivers fairly often to give econ mode a go for a while. It just seems wrong for such a sporty looking car to have such slow acceleration from a stop, say, if you're the first in line at a stop light.. It's almost embarrassing :).

Normal is my usual mode.

·
Registered
176 Posts
In my almost 24 hours of ownership - so far it has been SPORT in pulling away from stops and weaving through traffic (me a lot) and ECON once on the highway with cruise control on. Middle button rest of the time.

Love the paddle shifters but the engine shut off feature is quickly becoming annoying. Starting to get the hang of manipulating the brake and gas to quickly re-start etc.

TC
Silver, EX, CVT, Navi

·
Registered
120 Posts
In my almost 24 hours of ownership - so far it has been SPORT in pulling away from stops and weaving through traffic (me a lot) and ECON once on the highway with cruise control on. Middle button rest of the time.

Love the paddle shifters but the engine shut off feature is quickly becoming annoying. Starting to get the hang of manipulating the brake and gas to quickly re-start etc.

TC
Silver, EX, CVT, Navi
First 24 hours of ownership and already finding the redline huh. Dont forget to be at least a little nice to her :pyour first few miles.

I either use sport around town just to use the paddle shifters or econ on freeway once up to speed and just cruise. Sport mode as well for when I'm out in the twisty roadways.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Econ

I start in normal to get off the mountain. Once I'm down its smooth rolling highway. Back to Normal once I'm in town sometimes. Some of the towns have 25mph limits so I just stay in Econ cuz it keeps my speed down. Sport for getting on interstates and passing people and sport/normal for getting back UP the mountain to the house.

So far I've done just under 700miles but 400 of that was a road trip I made on Wednesday.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.