Votes: 39 46.4%
  • SPORT

Votes: 21 25.0%

• Total voters
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
I've only been driving mine for a couple weeks, but at this point I'm in normal mode 90% of the time. Occasionally I'll put it in sport when passing or driving more aggressively, or econ in severe stop and go. I don't think they make much of a difference to fuel economy though. I think that's almost entirely up to how to manage the accelerator pedal.

·
Registered
2012 NSBP EX CVT
125 Posts
usually normal mode but (have a cvt) have been bumping paddles into higher gear on highway now and have been getting better gas milage in that mode... so it might change to sport. Now that I'm cruising around where I live and not in any city driving hardly use eco. Maybe in winter with the snow it will show its worth.

·
Registered
2012 NSBP EX CVT
125 Posts
oh. Today a hybrid Nissan think it was an altima thought he was going to surprise me with his quickness to the open highway lane from a dual right turn only, no turn on red but SURPRISE I was already in sport mode and he never got in front of me. Plus, when the light changed on the the dual highway entrance and he was behind me. I jumped up to 55 and he was 11 lengths behind me. He didn't stand a chance.

·
Registered
2013 Honda CR-Z EX Nav (Passion Berry Pearl)
7 Posts
Would't being turbo charged give you the ability to still use the modes?
it'd be interesting to see how much more responsive the car might be driving in econ mode with a turbocharger or supercharger installed vs stock. Stock econ mode feels like a snail which is what has been leading me to dive mostly in normal mode this past week

·
Registered
2012 NSBP EX CVT
125 Posts
it'd be interesting to see how much more responsive the car might be driving in econ mode with a supercharger installed vs stock. Stock econ mode feels like a snail which is what has been leading me to dive mostly in normal mode this past week
Pretty tough getting anything extra in there either spacewise or walletwise..
Or both. Also I think there might be trouble getting aftermarket stuff due to the car being discontinued. If they still made them it would just be an import issue. I have thought about going turbo route but it isn't easy.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts