• SPORT

Votes: 22 25.3%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What mode do you use more frequently? Is it good to change mode often, would it hurt car to leave it in one mode all the time? When I get mine, I most likly use sport mode all the time to get most joy out of car, and probably only use econ in snow.

·
Registered
806 Posts
yes it is good to very the mode, because eery part gets some usage,

if u mostly drive in eco mode, your only running in 8 valve mode mean the other eight remain shut and the build up or waste will occur, the engine starts in 16v and then changes to 8v at the push of the button, but if you have hold econ mode on in the mid settings then it will still start in 16v untill you move the car.

personally i drive mostly in normal as i achieve the best mileage this way :)

·
Capt'n Jack
9,498 Posts
OP - made you a little poll for this one..

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
I use sport to get up to speed, and then cruise in econ. If I'm out for a spirited country road drive, I'm in sport. I guess it averages out to "norm" lol

·
Registered
857 Posts
I'll sometimes switch between econ and normal a bunch of times during one trip. I stick to Econ in snow and ice. Sport mode I save for fun. It's wasted on a slow freeway or neighborhood drive. Honestly, I rarely use my S+ button because of the delay. I'm more likely to just go up a mode with one button press.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Eco to warm the engien, then normal. In the summer just normsl. Sport for fun with the esp off :) the i vtec does not go from 16v to 8v. It changes the valve timing.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Yup.. the poll sounds about right.. I am always on Normal too. I used to use ECON for heavy traffic but no more, just when in cruise control on the highways. Sport is only for speeding when I feel like it, which isn't really that often, for me at least.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Using Econ mode in my 6MT was not for me. I ran out of IMA juice at one or more points during my daily commute, leaving me hobbled at the most inopportune times.

That left Normal or Sport mode as my only choice. I drive in Sport 99% of the time now. Took me a while to get used to the aggressive throttle tip-in and steering response, but I rather enjoy it now. No discernable difference in MPGs between all three modes based on testing along my mostly highway commute (used fuelly to track figures across multiple tanks).

·
CR-Z Forum Librarian
7,150 Posts
Econ was good to learn the way the car wants to be driven for good fuel economy. But boring.

Sport is a blast, but reserved for "fun", so it doesn't get old. Not that I suspect it will.

So, mostly in Normal. I think that might be to compensate for my being a little abnormal most of the time.

Unfortunately, right now it doesn't matter what mode Amy is in. She is still in Park. :(
Judging by the long term forecast, that'll be for another month or more. Waaaaaaaaaaaa!

·
Registered
216 Posts
I mostly drive in Normal, but I've lately been exploring Sport as a way to deal with a couple lengthy hill ascents I do a couple days a week. I haven't actually measured the mileage in different modes doing this, but my initial suspicion is that it's not hurting and may be helping, because in Econ or even Normal going up hill I tend to mash the gas when starting from a stoplight or sign. In sport I can be much gentler on the throttle and it just zips ahead.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I have been doing Normal Mode...its been giving me the best return on my gasoline. Check my fuelly.

Sport is too aggressive for my commute in the morning...but perfect at night time hehe

Eco is great for stop and go and city

·
Registered
24 Posts
Generally, ECON... because who is in a hurry to get to work? ;)

If its a nice day, and thats a big 'IF' in this blinkin' country then windows down and sport mode is always a blast.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts