Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm ready to get mine this spring. Just wondering if there will be some discount on the CRZ around march when the car is almost a year on the market? What do we usually see with new models?

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
it will be 1year in JAPAN this march. it only started selling in North America in Aughust, so i don't see any discount unless the 2012 model is out and you're buying a 2011 that is on the lot which they want to get rid of.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I dont think there will be any discounts. maybe 0.9% financing next winter but I doubt it with these kind of vehicle. Althoug, I managed to get $700 off MSRP.
hey, how did you manage or what trick do you use to get $700 off MSRP?
most people are not getting anything off in BC....

I order my car last year and it came with 700km, suppose to be less than 50km
the dealer did not even want to sell it as a demo or discount the car
I refuse to accept the car.
no CR-Z for me and I am still shopping for one.

·
Registered
669 Posts
I wouldn't expect much of a discount. IMO, if you are OK with MSRP go in and negotiate and you'll probably go away happy with a new car. If you go in expecting invoice minus holdback, you're sure to go home unhappy and empty handed. Just remember that there isn't a lot of profit in this car to begin with. So the difference between paying 'too much' and a 'screamer' deal is going to be pretty small.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey,

Saw this thread and figured I'd throw in my two cents.

I just purchased a CR-Z last week for a mid-march delivery (yeah i know its a long wait, but id rather not put it through the winter/snow to start)

As everyone says, its really hard to get much of a discount off the MSRP.

I got myself a dealer invoice, and they only make about $1100, which is about 4.5% above the wholesale price.

The dealer invoice itself says to offer a fair price above wholesale, and recommends 3-7% above wholesale.

Your best bet is, rather than try and get a large chunk off the MSRP, get it on any accessories you might be interested in.

The most the dealer was willing to take off the MSRP was about 200 bucks, but when I insisted, he was more than happy to throw in a $500 accessory for free.

Based on what I read in the price section on this forum, other people seem to have made similar deals by paying MSRP (or close to it) and getting a couple of accessories thrown in.

Hope this info helps!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.