Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for new HID xenon bulbs for my CR-Z. Does anyone have a set that they can recommend?

·
Registered
2014 CR-Z, Base, CVT
409 Posts
Reactions: TNThomas

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies! I will check the suggested bulbs out when I have more time.

MrFastFox666, what’s the difference between D4S and H11? And how do I know which one I need?

·
Registered
2014 CR-Z, Base, CVT
409 Posts
Thanks for the replies! I will check the suggested bulbs out when I have more time.

MrFastFox666, what’s the difference between D4S and H11? And how do I know which one I need?
It's the bulb type. If your car has factory HIDs, you need D4S. If your car has halogen headlights, you need H11. You can tell by the look. The D4S will have a fancy metal connector that twists off. The H11 will have a basic plastic connector that just pulls off.

Also forgot to mention that if you have halogen lights you'll need an hid ballast to use hid bulbs. In that case, I recommend the Innovited 55w AC kit from Amazon. Their bulbs are decent, and 55w HIDs are considerably brighter than the standard 35w.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, I need D4S, since my CR-Z has factory HID headlights.

The Diode Dynamics HID bulbs really speak to me! They are affordable (even with shipping to the Netherlands, $15), and they offer a 3 year warranty. The Morimoto also seem great, but their shipping to the Netherlands is about $45 unfortunately.

·
Registered
5 Posts
When I bought mine last month it had a set of Nokya 6000K D4S's, which I promptly replaced with Hella 4300K's. Light output is much better now. 4300K is OEM for HID bulbs and is the optimal color temp for maximum usable light and visibility with minimal blue content and glare.
When it comes to headlights it's not advisable to select color for appearance reasons as this is a safety item for both you and the other drivers on the road. Sometimes I see cars with lights in the 8000-10000K range, not only do these put very little usable light on the road but they're really annoying to look at when coming your way.
The Diode Dynamics bulbs look well priced as long as the quality is good, i might have gone with their 4300's had I seen them earlier but I got mine on Amazon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts