Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just came back from one of my first two real home improvement store trips since getting my Z and thought I would report in, perhaps this will helps others and everyone can contribute their experiences.

- Picked up a 4"x4"x6' post, went in fine, just folded the seat down and it sat up gently on the back plastic rim where I wrapped the end of the 4x4 with a cloth to prevent any scratching. The hatch simply sat down on the post, sitting right on the cloth I had wrapped it with. I then simply put one hand on the other end while driving. In theory I should have had enough room to pull the 6' post all the way in and completely close the hatch, but the post end would have been fairly far into the main cabin so I did not.

- Picked up 8 bags of 2 cu foot of pine bark mulch. They took up the entire cargo area with the seat down, I might have been able to get one more bag, but I didn't want any of the bags touching the side walls or glass / roof areas. Of course the front passenger seat was empty, which could have held another couple of bags, but again I didn't want to risk any bark staining up my seats. I needed 10 bags in total so I had to come back once!

So far, that's it. I came from a Ridgeline so I am sure I am going to miss the space sooner or later.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Put a full size mountain bike in the back. Had to take off the front wheel and the seat, and put the passenger seat forward. Rear wheel forward, forks towards the back.
(seat & wheel, both quick release) K

·
Registered
12 Posts
Fit a large 32 gallon tub 2 scuba tanks and a 48 long packed up tent when I went to test drive it just to see if I could get my camp and dive stuff in there. There was still room for a medium cooler and a fold chair and the front seat and floor was still empty :)

I was shocked.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good to see a few others who switched from trucks to their Z, even a fellow Ridgeline owner. It's an extreme downgrade in size.

So anyone going to buy a new big screen tv for the super bowl and shove it in the back?!?

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
my C-west spoiler when i picked it up from UPS. had to bring the passenger seat up a little to make it fit but it got in.

also on a side note, as i got the UPS place there was a guy leaving who was OOGling my car as I was parking it lol. made me feel great :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.