Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently using some glass cleaner/rain-x mix which in general is great, but when it starts to fog it shows as some really strange swirly patterns. I was hoping someone on the forums has some recommendations for other products that keep glass clean and help watershed without the fogging defect.

-Hoi

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Windex. Zaino makes a nice glass polish, but you really have to work to REALLY get it all of. Once it's off the glass is crystal clear.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Why doesn't the newspaper leave ink all over your glass????
Don't know. It's a trick I learned way back when I was living in Mexico. Go figure.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Auto Glym - Fast Glass.. Peppermint flavour, mmm.

·
Registered
206 Posts
RainX makes a cleaner/repellent like windex but it's not so great. I used it on my windows this weekend and then used water/vinegar to try to get rid of the streaks. And btw RX is not recommended for interior glass. It actually gives water vapor something to cling TO, which is why it fogs on humid days. Only after it builds up enough to will the water start rolling off. I stopped using RainX because it makes the wipers not work as well in light rain or very humid days (which we have a lot of in Florida).

I've been looking for a good cleaner, think I'll look for some of the products suggested here.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Is this product safe on tinted windows?

Also is it available in everyday stores or do you special order?
From the website: "SAFE to use on original equipment manufactured (OEM) and most after-market TINTED windows when used as directed. Always test on non-glass surfaces before using. Not recommended for use on polycarbonate plastic."
How To Clean Glass | Glass Cleaner | Invisible Glass

List of stores that carry it (tons of places):

Locate Retail Stores that Offer Stoner Car Care Products

·
Registered
298 Posts
Water and newspaper. I worry about glass cleaner overspray onto the paint. Also, I suspect that newspaper precipitates the yellowing of plastic headlights. Just use newspaper on glass.
I suspect it's not the newspaper, but anything with vinegar. Vinegar and many (several?) plastics do not get along nicely. I know it causes polycarbonate to cloud. Also, anything foaming does not get along with some of the more porous plastics (it gets in the pores, THEN expands, causing cracking).

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.