Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For CR-Z owners and those considering it...

I'm curious what else you looked at buying? I'm surprised with how many posts I've seen going back to or deciding to get a Fit for money or other reasons. This seems odd to me...the Fit seems like a completely different type of car to me. If I were to go out and replace the CR-Z right now that type of car would not even be on my radar.

So what did you consider? Is the CR-Z really just an alternate to those looking at ultra-economy hatchbacks?

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
i didnt consider the fit. i wasnt really sure what i wanted i just knew that my next car had to have a MT. I ran into a wall modding my AT car and vowed not to do that again. When i lived in FL i was close to getting an AP2 S2000. I knew there was a possibility I'd move so i didnt get it. When i moved north I knew i would only have one car. RWD was out the window due to snow. I started looking for a fun, moddable car that I liked. The CR-Z is a steal at the price, saved me lots of money (insurance and gas), still feels premium and the car can satisfy people like me who were looking for a mod project. A few months later I still have no regrets.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Hyundai genesis coupe.
buh somehow i jss jumped for the crz since i heard it was hybrid and a sports coupe lol

·
Registered
722 Posts
I was just looking to getting back to having something different. I recently had a 06 Mustang and blended in way to much. In years past I liked being different. I had the Samba del Sol, Durango copper pearl Eclipse and even loved the "family car" I had handed down which was a silver 83 Buick T-type. So I looked at the Kia Soul. Was ok but not as impressed after driving. Then I saw the huge write up in the March 2010 M/T issue and knew that the CR-Z was going to be my next car.

·
Registered
282 Posts
We already own a Fit (the car next to mine in my avatar) and so no that was not a consideration when deciding about the crz. And you're right its a completely different car. You can look at posts from TCroly to get more in-depth info about the comparison. I'd have to honestly say I didn't really look at any other car. I'd given some thought to other sports models like the miata, bmw1&3 series but this car seemed so unique after reading about it that I quickly became smitten and have not regretted in any way becoming an owner. I must say that I was turned off a bit by all the negative reviews but after several test drives and now 3500 miles of ownership I consider this car a jewel and those reviewers full of crap. Its exactly what its purported to be, a successful sports/hybrid and right now there's no other car like it on the road. Been averaging overall about 37-40 mpg mostly in sport mode, where this car excels.

·
Registered
132 Posts
i thought about a VW GTI and a Mazda 3..

originally wanted a F150, but as my first new car i wanted to stick with a 20k priced car..give or take a few grand.

mileage was more important to me than anything else

also the 2012 civic crossed my mind, but i wanted to be different..dont see many cr-z's out there, in fact ive only seen 1 so far..

very nice thread.

·
Registered
675 Posts
same. i test drove both. and honestly the 2.0L Turbo in the Genesis didn't have as much power as i thought it would. the Sport mode in the CRZ felt alot peppier.
agree. but i hope genesis coupe will get hwy40mpg as the new elantra, then i may reconsider later. but for now crz ftw

·
Registered
298 Posts
My top two cars, after a day of test drives on the local auto mile, were the fit and the cr-z. I decided that if I was going to get an automatic, I'd get the fit sport, but the cr-z if I got a manual. Ended up taking a risk on buying my first MT car, so here I am. No regrets.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I looked at the Genesis coupe as well, and scion's newest tC which is a bit cheaper but not a toyota or a hyundai fan at all, was actually raised in a GM family but I'll bend for honda cuz I loved my 185S three wheeler :p Also GM killed my all time favorite brand (Pontiac) and they havent made anything that appeals to me much. I *thought* I wanted a Colorado pickup for a while but the reviews on those are terrible. When I drove by a CR-Z sitting on a lot on my way to work I was amazed by the style, and when I looked up more info on it I realized a car manufacturer had finally built a car that was for me. It won't be much longer before I'll be cruizing in one :)

·
Registered
149 Posts
I took a look at every brand's new compact because I was looking for good fuel economy.

I also took a look at some interesting used cars.

There was a dealer in town with some very good prices on used 3 series BMWs.
Fun to drive but certainly not fuel efficient.

In the end though, nothing had my attention like the CRZ.
And it's fun to drive and fuel efficient.

I'd say the most interesting thing after the CRZ was the Mini, but I really didn't want to pay as much as the Minis I wanted would end up costing.

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
Considering I went in on a Wed. to get an oil change on my Accord and left the following Sat. with a CRZ I didn't really consider anything else! :beer:
Ha, that is one of the many reasons I do not go to the stealership for routine maintenance... Use me own MRC (3M) - called Oil Can Henry's here in the PACNORWEST.

Walking around the new car lot gets me in trouble... :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.