Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
9821 - 9840 of 9858 Posts

· Registered
2011 Honda CR-Z EX (CVT)
364 Posts
what one are you using?
Just some generic manufactured one I bought from DNA motoring on Amazon. After replacing the O ring again, I don't see the slow coolant leak so far. It was not the radiator that was leaking, just the 2 O rings I've tried degraded quickly.

· Registered
2011 CR-Z EX
102 Posts
Yesterday I had the unique experience of unboxing a VIS carbon fiber hatch/trunk.
It took me a solid hour to carefully unbox it, pull out all of the staples, break down all of the cardboard, discard all of the packing material, vacuum up all the cardboard bits, etc.
Then 10 minutes later I get a phone call from another delivery company stating that my SEIBON OEM carbon fiber hood will be at my house in 10 minutes!
The box for the CF hood was much easier to work with, but I decided not to unbox it because I really don't have anywhere to keep these big ass pieces in my house at the moment.
Yesterday I also received some custom tail lights from Japan, which I'm excited to install (brown box in photo).
The only thing I'm waiting for is a pair of NRG carbon fiber hood dampers for the hood.
And this time I'm not going to make the same mistake I made the last time I bought a carbon fiber hood; this time I'm wrapping it in PPF.
I'm likely going to get the entire car wrapped at some point in the near future, so I'll let whoever does the wrap also PPF the hood for me.
Automotive tire Tire Gas Tread Bumper

· Registered
2,851 Posts
Yesterday I had the unique experience of unboxing a VIS carbon fiber hatch/trunk.
It took me a solid hour to carefully unbox it, pull out all of the staples, break down all of the cardboard, discard all of the packing material, vacuum up all the cardboard bits, etc.
Then 10 minutes later I get a phone call from another delivery company stating that my SEIBON OEM carbon fiber hood will be at my house in 10 minutes!
The box for the CF hood was much easier to work with, but I decided not to unbox it because I really don't have anywhere to keep these big ass pieces in my house at the moment.
Yesterday I also received some custom tail lights from Japan, which I'm excited to install (brown box in photo).
The only thing I'm waiting for is a pair of NRG carbon fiber hood dampers for the hood.
And this time I'm not going to make the same mistake I made the last time I bought a carbon fiber hood; this time I'm wrapping it in PPF.
I'm likely going to get the entire car wrapped at some point in the near future, so I'll let whoever does the wrap also PPF the hood for me.
View attachment 70224
You got custom taillights but all you'll show is the box they came in?! Quit teasing us!

· Registered
2011 CR-Z EX
102 Posts
Ohhh carbon hood and hatch sounds like a great way to cut some fat. Didn't know those could still be had.

How well does the rear hatch seal? Do all the interior trim pieces still fit?
I unboxed the hatch but I’m not sure how well things are gonna line up. It’s waaaaay too cold to be working on exterior parts. Hope it gets nice and mild soon!! Looks like removing the original hatch glass is …a bit of a process. Wondering if I should bring it to a shop or take a chance doing it on my own.
Also thought about making the rear hatch glass pop open for fresh air like you see on some older cars. Don’t know how feasible this is.
I’d really like to be able to pop the glass open a few inches on hot summer days.

· Registered
2011 CR-Z EX
102 Posts
You got custom taillights but all you'll show is the box they came in?! Quit teasing us!
lol my house is a disaster I can’t be opening up more boxes just for photos you know I won’t be able to get them back in the box then my wife will have my head on a pike! Will post pics soooooon!

Reactions: Fediej

· Registered
2011 CR-Z EX
102 Posts
ok my curiosity got the best of me so I opened the box to take a few pics.
As we all know, aftermarket tail lights for this car are pretty much non existent.
These were ordered from Japan. They modify original tail lights and make ‘em look like this. They offer sequential blinkers or non.
I chose non-sequential personally.
My current tail lights were pretty badly beaten due to a super stoner burnout move on my part. I used Plexus plastic cleaner on the taillights to try and prep/clean them BEFORE I sprayed them red.
Wondering what happens when you treat plastic with Plexus and then spray red tail light tint on top? It causes some type of chemical reaction and and creates a ton of these little micro cracks that you can see all over.
I dealt with it because I knew I was gonna get replacement tails sooner or later soooo without further delay I present to you all:
Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tail & brake light Automotive design Bumper

Attachments

· Registered
2,851 Posts
As we all know, aftermarket tail lights for this car are pretty much non existent.
These were ordered from Japan. They modify original tail lights and make ‘em look like this. They offer sequential blinkers or non.
My current tail lights were pretty badly beaten due to a super stoner burnout move on my part. I used Plexus plastic cleaner on the taillights to try and prep/clean them BEFORE I sprayed them red.
Wondering what happens when you treat plastic with Plexus and then spray red tail light tint on top? It causes some type of chemical reaction and and creates a ton of these little micro cracks that you can see all over.
I dealt with it because I knew I was gonna get replacement tails sooner or later soooo without further delay I present to you all:
View attachment 70226
Thank you.

· Registered
147 Posts
Last night I scoured this forum looking for instructions on installing an OEM fog light kit. The one that is commonly posted from College hills Honda didn't match my car at all. Should've known when they had a section for the 2.0l engine. The new instructions were accurate and the connections were in the proper locations. Finally got my fog lights working. Now I need to sand and clearly my headlights. Unsure if I'll get LEDs because the reflector isn't made for them. Don't want to be that guy blinding everybody with those glare-y lights.
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting

· Registered
44 Posts
Test fitted the Faugen (faux Mugen) front and rear bumpers before starting the paint process. Also installed the cheapo Amazon fog lights and Euro rear brake lights. Didn't wire them, just checked fitment. Then I realized that the new rear bumper won't use them. View attachment 68948
View attachment 68950
View attachment 68949
What’s the process like to take off the stock 2013+ fog light shroud? Do you have to unbolt anything from the behind the bumper?

· Registered
44 Posts
View attachment 70226
I have been eyeing these and the other clear set they’re selling. Are these plug-n-play?

· Registered
44 Posts
I’ve been a member on the forums for 12+ years and have always admired these cars from afar. Last month, I bought a 2013 EX 6spd and couldn’t be happier. This week, I got my spare set of Work wheels installed on her.

Anyone know if the black protector on the wheel well arches are aftermarket?

Tire Sky Wheel Cloud Vehicle

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

· Registered
2,851 Posts
I’ve been a member on the forums for 12+ years and have always admired these cars from afar. Last month, I bought a 2013 EX 6spd and couldn’t be happier. This week, I got my spare set of Work wheels installed on her.

Anyone know if the black protector on the wheel well arches are aftermarket?

View attachment 70313
View attachment 70312
Congratulations on your purchase, officially welcome to the club! Those black strips on the fenders are definitely aftermarket.

9821 - 9840 of 9858 Posts