Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
9801 - 9820 of 9828 Posts

· Registered
2011 Honda CR-Z EX (CVT)
358 Posts
I took off my non-slotted rotors and reinstalled my slotted ones. I realized too late that the non-slotted rotors did not have zinc coating to prevent surface rust, it just looked bad. Maybe I'll get the non-slotted ones painted with caliper paint in the areas where it has surface rust, but that might be a while, or never.

· Registered
2011 Honda CR-Z EX (CVT)
358 Posts
Gave the Spoon Sports front pads another chance on my slotted rotors this week, they still make really bad squeak noises randomly when the breaks were applied, I do not recommend purchasing them. Oddly enough, the Spoon Sports rear pads have no issues, I assume they are made of the same material, but the front ones make that obnoxious noise for whatever reason.

I took out the Spoon front pads because of the noise issue and swapped back in the Hawk Performance front brake pads.

· Registered
467 Posts
I stopped by the Honda Dealer in Knoxville Tn to pick up some CVT fluid for my 100K mile trans fluid swap. I bought this car 1.5 years ago and changed the fluid then. I paid $6.33 per quart of fluid then. The fluid today cost me $14.91 per quart!! That is a CRaZy markup imo. The good part is I can do all the 100k mile maintenance on my own and can save the rest of the dealer markup. Got CVT fluid and Engine oil, filters for both, ready to go.

· Registered
467 Posts
Changed the engine oil and filter, CVT fluid and filter, rotated the tires and set the air pressures. Did a little clean up work in the garage. Pretty good day I would say. Probably cost me $45 for CVT fluid, $25 for oil, $15 for oil filter and $28 for CVT fluid filter. So roughly $113. I'd say that was a much better price than what the deal would charge and I know it was done correctly.

· Registered
20 Posts
I'm going to have to change the front driver side tire. There is damage on the middle areas of sidewall that is unrepairable.

I will also need a new air valve stem as the air has been leaking for a while and I resorted to filling it up instead of forking out $200 (dealer quote).

I was wondering if all tire change places would have CRZ air valve stems, or if that was something I needed to source elsewhere and bring it to them when they change the tire?

· Registered
2,817 Posts
I'm going to have to change the front driver side tire. There is damage on the middle areas of sidewall that is unrepairable.

I will also need a new air valve stem as the air has been leaking for a while and I resorted to filling it up instead of forking out $200 (dealer quote).

I was wondering if all tire change places would have CRZ air valve stems, or if that was something I needed to source elsewhere and bring it to them when they change the tire?
You can do it either way. Shop around. Some tire shops charge $100 for a new TPM s valve stem, others charge 20. Online you can find them in that ballpark of a range as well. Call ahead.

· Registered
2011 Honda CR-Z EX (CVT)
358 Posts
Replaced another O ring which had an extremely slow coolant leak on my aftermarket AT aluminum radiator where the drain plug is. It's been months since I replaced the original O ring. Not sure if the O ring that it came with was crap, but the other one I replaced it with was a bit too large on the ID, so I'm trying out an O ring with a smaller ID and slightly thicker to see if the slow leak gets fixed. I also refilled missing coolant into the reservoir coolant tank, I'm using that to determine how much coolant is missing since the aluminum radiator holds much more coolant compared to the OEM one.

Checked Sprintex oil level, it's almost been about 4 months since the last refill on oil, but it looks like the oil level is in between the level on the dipstick which should be fine?

Checked serpentine belt level, it is very close to the middle line.

Checked auto tensioner, it still has rattle which means I may need to replace it eventually? At least there is no noticeable noise even though it rattles quite a bit.

· Registered
20 Posts
You can do it either way. Shop around. Some tire shops charge $100 for a new TPM s valve stem, others charge 20. Online you can find them in that ballpark of a range as well. Call ahead.
Do you recall what the part number was of any particular model?
Advanced Auto Parts has:
Dill Air Control (mfr) TPMS Clamp-in Valve Stem (product) part No. VS-925A

Autozone has:
BH SENS (mdr) 43 mm fixed aluminum clamp-in (modep) part No. RDV036

Wondering if these are parts you have bought before.

· Registered
2,817 Posts
Do you recall what the part number was of any particular model?
Advanced Auto Parts has:
Dill Air Control (mfr) TPMS Clamp-in Valve Stem (product) part No. VS-925A

Autozone has:
BH SENS (mdr) 43 mm fixed aluminum clamp-in (modep) part No. RDV036

Wondering if these are parts you have bought before.
See if either of those cross references with Honda part # 42753-TR3-A81 or just type that into the eBay or Amazon search bar. You can get a set of 4 for <$50 shipped to your door.
OR you can go to your nearest Walmart or Sams Club with a tire center where you can get a new tire and for not much more they'll clone a new sensor using the ID of the old one all in one shot.

· Registered
2011 Honda CR-Z EX (CVT)
358 Posts
What did I do to the Z today? I did not move it safely away from an oak tree that froze over, a big branch ended up hitting the inner end of the hatch and slightly on the edge of the roof which caused big dents and chipped paint. I thought it was safe where it was parked, but I'm completely dumb for thinking that.
Picture posted on my build thread. 🤦‍♂️

9801 - 9820 of 9828 Posts